Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 07:34 AM

Default I suppose I really can't avoid the parrot, can I?

I mean, sailing and poly, it seems so horribly, obviously required. But I bet the cats eat it.

Oh, right, there's a point to this, isn't there...

So, I'm M, a married father of two. My wife ("A") and I are both happily poly, but with a fairly limited pool because we've never actively participated in any sort of poly community - just relied on random chance and very occasional online hookups. Silly, but there you go. Anyway, I'm here because the forum is interesting and the conversations look good and, well, there was this shiny "Register" link somewhere or other. My wife might join in later, and at the very least will be reading over the shoulder.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 AM

Go Navy!

Navy brat and wife here Welcome!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:43 PM

Thanks! I should probably clarify that I'm not military - purely a civilian sailor, mostly salt water in our family cruising boat.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:11 PM

No worries...still mariners either way.

Welcome to the Forum.

You're in a good place for an IRL community as well....Seattle has a fairly active poly community from what I understand.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?

Last edited by ImaginaryIllusion; 08-17-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Reducing Redundancy
Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWSailor View Post
So, I'm M, a married father of two. My wife ("A") and I are both happily poly, but with a fairly limited pool because we've never actively participated in any sort of poly community - just relied on random chance and very occasional online hookups.
I have to say I'm unclear as to what you're looking for by referencing occasional hookups...are you looking for a swingers group? We have members here who also swing in addition to having poly relationships, so perhaps they can point you in the right direction, if that's the case.

As for organized poly communities, well, those are fewer in number and trickier to find in many areas. Still, if we have other members reasonably close to you, somebody may know of a group or be interested in helping form a group.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Custodian

Please stop putting goofy, irrelevant tags in threads.

That is all.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
I have to say I'm unclear as to what you're looking for by referencing occasional hookups...are you looking for a swingers group? We have members here who also swing in addition to having poly relationships, so perhaps they can point you in the right direction, if that's the case.

As for organized poly communities, well, those are fewer in number and trickier to find in many areas. Still, if we have other members reasonably close to you, somebody may know of a group or be interested in helping form a group.
No, we're not looking for swingers groups. (We refer to swinging as "hi, nice shoes, wanna fuck?" sex.) What we've been finding in the past has mostly been people interested in just that, or perhaps at most a "friends with benefits" relationship. There's nothing wrong with any of that, but it's not what we're interested in. As we're both geeks, and we've been somewhat housebound by toddlers for the past few years, we've mostly been looking online - and are somewhat embarrassed, to be honest, that we live in an area that has a strong and vibrant "meatspace" community that we haven't taken advantage of. We should fix that. In the meantime, the discussions here are interesting to explore.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
Please stop putting goofy, irrelevant tags in threads.

That is all.
Okay... why? I'll do it, I'm just curious. Most places it seems goofy irrelevancies are half the purpose of tags.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Okay... why? I'll do it, I'm just curious. Most places it seems goofy irrelevancies are half the purpose of tags.
This isn't "most places".
Old 08-17-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks! I should probably clarify that I'm not military - purely a civilian sailor, mostly salt water in our family cruising boat.
It's all good. I shouldn't have put my foot in my mouth.