Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-18-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
I can totally relate, but mine is a combination of things including age . Don't just assume it's the B/C, have the doctor do an ultrasound or other scan to check for fibroids and other stuff. I already know I have fibroids, I'm just not willing to do anything about it, including hormones of any kind right now and no money for major medical procedures to have them removed. For me it's not dangerous, just a PITA.
Yeah, shortly after I got my IUD, my mother told me she had her hysterectomy (at around age 28) because of either lots of cysts of endometriosis (can't remember which). *facepalm*
Old 08-18-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixtresses View Post
Hmm, well I think the SoftCup could be worth a shot. It's about... hmm. $8 or so for a box of 12, if I recall correctly. They're not supposed to be reusable, but I usually keep one throughout a period for using during sex, I just wash it between uses and inspect for leaks etc.

I tend to have cervix-smashing sex, myself, so... LOL. Granted, there are plenty of variables, and your situation might be different, but I don't have leaks even though my cervix regularly gets bumped. (I do generally make sure I empty it or put it in right before sex, though, as I'm paranoid of bumping against a plastic pouch full of blood. )
Hehehehe. Good to know.

I saw on the site that they have a trial pack. I might just try!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
Hehehehe. Good to know.

I saw on the site that they have a trial pack. I might just try!
I've used them for years (down here the brand is "instead") for during sex and with the exception of the ONE really bad day I usually have, they've been great! And even then if you do it right before it should be cool...

Old 08-19-2011, 05:15 AM

I found out about my cysts and endometriosis when I was 20, went through a false menopause at 21. That's how I knew Karma was a keeper. He stuck around when I was hot flashing and threatening to run a sword through him

I've had two surgeries and am now on 5mg of aygestin. It has done wonders. Not only am I off all my psych meds, I also have a sex drive and can have amazing cervix smashing sex without pain. These are my freaking miracle pills. It was these or back on the false menopause hormones and I will never do those again. They're expensive but so worth it my book.

You sound sypmtomatic of endo and if your mom had it it would make sense that you would as well. My cramps used to be so bad I thought my insides were falling out and then I'd have ovary pain that was horrible.

I'm with SN. If it's getting that bad, have the Dr do an ultra sound and a thorough pelvic. The only way to Dx Endo is surgery but you'd at least have a start.

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
The gents were doing a lot of, "It doesn't matter who you sleep with, you pick." This was tearing me up. I was missing Mr. A and wanted to sleep with him more, but I thought I needed to keep everything even, causing tons of guilty feelings for not wanting to spend equal sleeping time with both men. Then last weekend, Indigo said, "You know, we've had a lot of quality time together today. Why don't you sleep with Mr. A?" And I was all, "But I slept with him last night!" And he was all, "So? Sleeping is just quality time and you haven't had any with him and we've had lots."

And my mind was blown! This was how I felt about sleeping, but didn't even realize it!
Wow, that is a really good point! This is how I feel as well, but I just hadn't worded it.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
I found out about my cysts and endometriosis when I was 20, went through a false menopause at 21. That's how I knew Karma was a keeper. He stuck around when I was hot flashing and threatening to run a sword through him

I've had two surgeries and am now on 5mg of aygestin. It has done wonders. Not only am I off all my psych meds, I also have a sex drive and can have amazing cervix smashing sex without pain. These are my freaking miracle pills. It was these or back on the false menopause hormones and I will never do those again. They're expensive but so worth it my book.

You sound sypmtomatic of endo and if your mom had it it would make sense that you would as well. My cramps used to be so bad I thought my insides were falling out and then I'd have ovary pain that was horrible.

I'm with SN. If it's getting that bad, have the Dr do an ultra sound and a thorough pelvic. The only way to Dx Endo is surgery but you'd at least have a start.

Good luck!
Thank you for the good (if scary) advice. I've definitely said that it felt like my lady parts were going to fall out. And leg pain. I get leg pain during the bad cramps, which from reading I believe happens because the uterus is close to various nerves.

I did quickly look at endometriosis symptoms, I've only got around half. Regardless, there are obviously improvements to be made to my cycle, so a discussion with my doc is in order. I will let everyone know what happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory View Post
Wow, that is a really good point! This is how I feel as well, but I just hadn't worded it.
So glad I could have that hit home for at least one other person. I slept with Mr. A for the third night in a row last night, with Indigo's blessing, of course. Not a fan of his current work schedule. However, tonight is definitely an Indigo night! I am missing him! Haha. You just can't win ...

Last edited by TruckerPete; 08-19-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 10-31-2011, 03:21 AM

You know, it's hard to post in this blog when I feel like my marriage is falling apart. Is it supposed to be this hard?

The stupid thing is it has nothing to do wih poly. Hell, poly has probably kept us together, since the last time we had sex was on our honeymoon. In February.

*cry*
Old 10-31-2011, 06:21 AM

I really am so sorry to hear this. You and your two men have been one of the first more positive readings I found, when I was looking for some kind of success story in the early phase of my own poly experience. I am affraid that I will be unable to give any advice, but I am sending you heartfelt sympathy and hope everything is still possible to be sorted out.

Why did you two neglect the issue (probably issues) for so long?

My Blog
Old 10-31-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phy View Post
I really am so sorry to hear this. You and your two men have been one of the first more positive readings I found, when I was looking for some kind of success story in the early phase of my own poly experience. I am affraid that I will be unable to give any advice, but I am sending you heartfelt sympathy and hope everything is still possible to be sorted out.

Why did you two neglect the issue (probably issues) for so long?
Thank you, Phy.

It started as issues with sex, and just sort of grew into trust in general from there. We've been in counselling for about six months. Sometimes I feel okay about our future, other times I do not. The last couple of weeks have been a "do not."
Old 10-31-2011, 12:32 PM

TP,

I'm sorry your marriage is struggling! Mine ended in large part over sexual issues. It's such a hard thing to try and figure out, even when everyone tries their best. I found the book below to be very helpful in understanding low desire in marriage and how sometimes counseling goes about fixing it in entirely the wrong way. Beloved and I just ran out of time and patience but it's not late for your marriage.

"Intimacy & Desire: Awaken the Passion in Your Relationship" by Dr. David Schnarch

Tags
blog, comminication, depression, new to poly, nre, personal growth, vee