Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM

Default Hi there

So I'm kind of bad at introductions, but here goes:

I'm a recent grad who likes cats and technology and feels that she may be polyamorous. How I came to this conclusion isn't the happiest of stories: I wrecked a previous monogamous relationship by asking if we could be more open, and my current relationship is starting to show the same signs of stress as the last one. I talked to a friend about my feelings, and how I didn't feel like love was limited to one person. The word polyamory came up and I looked into it.

I guess I'm here because I'm confused and looking for support. I want to hear how other people feel, how they handle it and maybe get some advice.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 AM

Well I think you certainly came to the right place, I can relate to your story well and would be glad to chat with
Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Official Greeter

Hi Aroway,
Welcome to our forum.

I would suggest having a look around on our site, seeing what threads call to you, and posting your questions as they come to your mind. There is a lot of good info here, and a lot of opportunity to get the support that you need.

There is a "Life stories and blogs" board that contains many people's personal stories, how they've handled polyamory and made it work. Also you can do a search and tag search, to help you find specific topics.

You can ask a partner to try a more open lifestyle with you, but you can't make the choice for them; they have to decide. I'm sorry about the difficulty you've had with that.

A post (from Poly Percs) that might be helpful: http://polyamoryonline.org/smf/index...sg9230#msg9230

Communication is the most important thing; always keep working on it. I hope you'll find this site helpful.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:49 AM

Thank you for the resources. I know I can't make a decision for him. But I do think it's important for me to say and try to go from there.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Official Greeter

Yes, I agree that it's important to let him know. It's entirely possible he'll be fine with it.