Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 AM

Default Sister Lauren- Married, Poly, Wedding Officiant

My husband and I have been together for 5 years, and I came out as Poly to him a year and a half ago. I've always been wired this way, but beat myself up for a long time before accepting that it was ok (let alone beautiful), and longer than that till I shared with my husband.

It hasn't always been easy, but the direction our love has gone in is well worth the growing pains. He considers himself monogomous, while he's "tried out" dating it wasn't really for him. I have two significant others, whom I consider myself spiritually married to.

I'm a legally ordained minister, (hence the Sister lol) and while I love bringing people together (straight or gay) I noticed that the poly community was in need of a resource for their commitment ceremonies. You don't need a legal document to solemnize your love in a ceremonial way, and our loves are just as worthy as anyone elses.

I'm here to get to know other like minded people to share our best practices and war stories, and to let people know that they do have options if they are ready to celebrate their commitment.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 AM

Default hi..

How awesome are you?! I think its totally cool that you are poly and an officiant..
Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 AM

thank you!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Official Greeter

Hello Sister L,
Welcome to our forum.

It can be a great feeling of release when you let go of all the old ideas (insistences) about monogamy, and give polyamory a chance. My V has already done our commitment ceremony, but I hope you'll find many people in need of a poly officiator.

Glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Tags
commitment ceremony, marriage, poly wedding