Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 06:28 PM

I've been taking probiotics but can't take much yet until the antibiotics are done. A few more days yet. Then I intend to up the probiotics by double the doze now I think.
Thanks for the link!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:53 PM

The slutcracker looks like awesome fun...maybe a road trip to save towards for next year RP.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Slutcracker! That's awesome. I love it. I wonder if anyone out anything on line in the way of a video. Will have to check.

That night of lovin broke my vagina. it needs some respite. Sometimes I don't take enough care of that poor ol thing. *sigh*

Note to self...*lube* II will like that...
I think I need some Eye Lube after reading that post!

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 11-12-2010, 05:50 AM

You can never have too much lube
Old 11-12-2010, 06:51 PM

So, a bit of a red flag yesterday for me...

LB asked, as we walked home from having tea with my parents, "are you going downstairs tonight mumma?"

I said, "no"

he said, "but you live down there now right?"

Mono and PN were alerted by this and stopped their conversation. I replied to him, "no, I live in the whole house, not just the top any more."

I explained that he could come and see me down there if he wanted and that he could call just as he calls Mono to see if he can visit. I have called him too.

It broke my heart a little bit as I have feared that having my own room down there would make him feel separate. It has concerned me that I would not be as present and I have wondered if I am perceived as not being as present...

Maybe it's time to re-think a door and create some boundaries as to when I am down there and when I am up here, so that he can rely on knowing when and can have more structure... he didn't seem phased by his observation and hasn't been needy at all. Probably because we have spent a lot of time together due to illnesses, but I am concerned and want to get onto this right away...

I think I will start by talking to him about it and getting a sense of how he is feeling in regards to the changes. He has said before that he is happy and certainly comes across as such, but maybe there is more there that he is feeling and not sure of how to express it..

I had a talk to him the other day about what poly is. He asked me why we keep talking about it and why I write on here. I told him that a lot of people love just one person but that mumma loves Mono as much as she loves PN. I told him that a lot of people don't think that is right and will judge me for that and his dad and Mono and him too maybe. I said that I am the boss of me and that I get to decide what is right for my life, no one else, but that doesn't mean that I don't care what people think. I told him that he could tell me if anyone ever had anything to say about Mono and us all being together and that we could talk about it any time if he wants to...

he got bored at that point and thought it far more interesting to use the cat as a pillow. The cat preferred that too... so I stopped talking
Old 11-12-2010, 07:06 PM

I know LB is a thoughtful little guy, and my guess is that he is, in his own time, trying to sort out the changes in your house. I don't think you need to worry too much because the fact that he ASKED you is awesome. Does he spend time with you in your room at all? When you say he can call you, do you mean on the phone? It'd be a cool idea maybe if he thought he had a special Mommy-hotline, heh. Knowing he has you when and if he needs you is probably mostly what he's concerned about, as well as making sure he's not going to lose anyone else important in his family due to the shuffle.

I think you're an awesome parent, and he's a lucky kiddo. *hugs*
Old 11-12-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigirl View Post
It'd be a cool idea maybe if he thought he had a special Mommy-hotline, heh.
How about special walkie talkies? They aren't that expensive and it could be his special way of calling you.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:13 PM

you know what... walkie talkies are a great idea! hmmmm....

yes I meant the phone, but he has to ask his Dad to use his as we don't have a land line. I have called him to come down and snuggy with me in bed, but he was more interested in Lego at that point.

I think I will start making Mumma/LB dates to do this though... we can have "computer lab" in bed and "reading lab" as we call them... that way the house may start feeling whole to him. After all the downstairs has always out of bounds for him and there have been rules to not interrupt down there... he is still on the old rules and now we have to set boundaries instead... hmmm... thinking now.

k, getting on it.

thanks for the support and help. I really appreciate it!
Old 11-13-2010, 05:00 PM

Had a nice evening with the boy last night. I showed him how if you stand in our bathroom upstairs you can talk to me in my room below. heh, poor tenants. The things they must of heard.

We lay in bed and talked and watched science shows on line... LB loved it! I told him that he can come down and see me if he wants and I am not busy, that the whole house is open to him to be in now when Dave and I say it's okay for him to come down... we talked about a door one day and that maybe we should get walkie talkies... maybe borrow from grand dad.

LB is good I think, he had a really good time and told me all kinds of stories about his life and people in it... we had a really good catch up and set a ton for future quality time in my room

PN and I went to a movie last night. It occurs to me that I don't write much about our time together, mostly as he doesn't write here, so I know he doesn't see it... that doesn't mean we don't have time together and connect though.

I am really enjoying that he is writing on my fb group for "poly peeps all over" We have had some discussion there and I have been encouraging him to participate as he is a wise man but not that interested in sharing his wisdom (drives me crazy)... only to himself right now... he has a website coming that he has been writing for for a good year. It has taken up all his time and he has some brilliant writing coming on relationships. I will be sure to note the link when he has it live.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:51 PM

I think I just realized something... I prefer and enjoy sex that "expands love" as well as connects and deepens relationships... just adding to my description as I just read about the idea...

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee