Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 06:22 AM

thanks jane!

So..... PN gave our tenants their notice tonight. Two months and then we take over the whole house. I will have my own room and Mono will move in on, or about Dec.1st.

I'm a little shocked as I didn't see it coming this quickly, but as PN said there was nothing left to do but try it. We have a lot of talks ahead to figure our time lines and scheduling as it will all change in time, but things are actually MOVING!! Change is upon us.

I can feel it's effects already.

On another note, I spent two evenings in a row now making pillows for my boys new room at my parents new cottage. Anyone who has read our coming out thread knows that this would of been completely impossible a year ago... oh we have come so far!

I told them about our situation finally and what was happening and they thought we were crazy not to find another house for us all to live in... well, baby steps right? It will come if it is meant to and when everyone sees if we will all work out. All in all they thought it made sense and listened with interest and asked questions. I explained that I spend two nights away from home and have never liked it, now I won't have to. They agreed that this was going to be a good idea. I'm sure there will be more questions and concerns to follow, but so far so good.

I talked to PN about roly today. He is still hurt and embarrassed about it as she has obviously moved on. He is far happier though and is engaging more with all of our lives. He looks sad when he talks of her, but really there is not much more to do. ... I seem to be friends with her ex here all of a sudden as a result of our camping trip. Now I am wondering what happened between them... it's not my business but I know she had a hard time meeting him to sort some stuff out, but he is such a nice guy and I don't get it.. ah well, not for me to know about and I really don't need to.

Having looked at our finances during our finances date, I am thinking now of going to the Lovemore conference this fall in Seattle. If anyone else is going, please PM me. I'd love to meet up if it's possible.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:46 AM

You're very welcome!! Sounds wonderful, RP!! I'm very happy for all involved. Change can be a great thing!!!

I have this 2 days a week & love being with my love & his wife. When I'm there, he's with me in the guest room. She & I have become friends & I help out while they're at work. Tues & Wed = my weekend! I'm hoping one day, this will become permanent - it's been talked about, but time will tell. One day at a time! If it's meant to be, it will be - like you said!!! He does have me listed at one of his Dr's as a person that can call to make appts & get info! He had me put "friend" down because he didn't think they'd understand partner! hehehe! I've learned a lot in 5 short months -- can't wait to see how life is a year from now - or 10!

As for the ex -- people use to think my ex was a great guy, too -- they had no idea he was abusive in all definitions of the word - just saying!

Keep up the great work, RP!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 AM

WOOT! YAY! HOORAY! Doing the happy dance for you RP.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:03 PM

I'm so happy for all of you! It's going to seem like so much space to be living in. Something seems to have really shifted for a lot of people lately. There's so much good news floating around.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:28 PM

Oh my stars and garters! That is good news! Wow!

*joins Breathesgirl's happy dance*
Old 08-31-2010, 04:37 PM

Does happy dance...congrats. I hope it pans out completely for you RP Gives me hope
Old 08-31-2010, 04:44 PM

That's wonderful news, RP! Hugs to you and your loves!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:45 PM

Yay RP!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:55 PM

*does the happy dance for RP as well*

That's so awesome. I'm so happy for you

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 08-31-2010, 06:04 PM

*quietly rejoices!*

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee