Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 05:20 AM

Default secondary relationship card

Oh man is some of this hitting home right now. I am so not doing that again.

Last edited by redpepper; 01-27-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
*Like*

And

*hug*
Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Wow. I am definitely never going into a secondary arrangement with any of -those- ticks marked off, laugh :-).
Old 01-26-2012, 02:47 PM

It's even worse when it's not made crystal clear up front that you're in one of those relationships.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Hilarious, sad, utterly true in many cases, and a too often overlooked group of subjects for many people.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 PM

I've read the last few pages of your blog...and I want to thank you for sharing your story. It's made me see that I am luckier than I even realized. I may struggle with being a secondary at times, but my b/f makes every effort to make me feel special every time we see each other. His mates are welcoming...and I really have nothing to complain about. I appreciate the perspective...

I hope better days are ahead for you...you deserve it
Old 01-27-2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouryia View Post
I've read the last few pages of your blog...and I want to thank you for sharing your story. It's made me see that I am luckier than I even realized. I may struggle with being a secondary at times, but my b/f makes every effort to make me feel special every time we see each other. His mates are welcoming...and I really have nothing to complain about. I appreciate the perspective...

I hope better days are ahead for you...you deserve it
Thank you nouryia. If you read more here you will see that I am blessed with three amazingly loving, nurturing, patient, mindful, considerate, communicative and balanced partners and metamour. They are very complimentary to me and my life is far from miserable. There are most definitely better days ahead. I am changed and more empowered than ever. Thanks for reading and leaving a note. Good luck to you! It sounds like you have a good thing going too!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:48 AM

Life's been good these past few weeks. I am feeling back on track and grounded in where I am going and who I am allowing myself to drawn near. Many doors have opened lately and I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have stuck to my resolution of spending more me time and focusing on those that matter.

PN said to me last night that my room is like a gate way drug to my own apartment and I had a little glee over that... is that bad? lol. I have spent a ton of time in my room looking deep inside me and have found, well, found that my gut is usually right and that I can breath easy because of it. Its good to have something I trust...

I wrote a really long post just now and deleted it... really there is nothing that I can say right now that will be of significance to anyone here in terms of poly. Such is life when everything is settled and better than ever.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:

PN said to me last night that my room is like a gate way drug to my own apartment and I had a little glee over that... is that bad? lol. I have spent a ton of time in my room looking deep inside me and have found, well, found that my gut is usually right and that I can breath easy because of it. Its good to have something I trust...
In my ideal world I would have my own apartment (or even room). I'd love to have somewhere to go that is all mine. When you get your own apartment I will be happy for you but at the same time I'll be green with envy! (see a green simlie)
Old 02-02-2012, 06:28 PM

Every woman, and maybe especially poly women, needs a 'room of her own'. Virginia Woolf thought it was critical to women writers, but I think her insight applies to any creative field, including relationships. And I do think poly relationships may require more creativity than most.

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee