Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 03:30 AM

Yeah the spam is a nightmare! Thanks for dumping it in the privy!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 11-30-2011, 04:33 AM

Wow, just checked my e-mail and saw a spam post on your blog. Log on and it's gone. You are awesome.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:27 AM

Thanks for the words that make me keep at it. It really does make a difference to know I am appreciated. All of us mods do lots to keep this place going... it isn't seen most of the time, which means things are running smoothly. Man there is a lot I would do to fix this place up, but things take time and are complicated... we all work hard to keep the ball rolling; sometimes it doesn't budge, but one thing is for sure, the spam just a keeps on comin'

SO! Update.

Really at this point I have worked myself up in to a frenzy at about a solo I have to do that I am almost positive I am going to BOMB on. I came home last night and announced to PN and Mono that they should expect to be very embarrassed on the 10th of Dec because I don't think I can pull it off. I am just not good enough. The women I am singing with are professionals. I am not and I have the hardest harmony part because it isn't the melody.

Sorry, entirely not poly related but as it has completely consumed me and has made it so I am a blabbering idiot most of the time I might be a bit quiet for a bit or overly cranky sounding. I am doing my best to re-do cranky sounding posts, but in case I get caught up... I just can't find my happy empathy place at the moment. Everything seems trivial in the face of this daunting performance. Funny I can strip for an audience when I do burlesque, and LOVE IT> but get me to sing a lousy little Christmas song I have known for years and nope.... no can do.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:36 AM

I feel your pain. I have a phobia about singing in public.

I reckon that however it goes, it'll be better than you think but sending you a hug anyway. And hats off to you for being brave enough to challenge yourself that way.

Thanks from me also for the work that you do to keep this forum going. It's such a useful, positive community.

Not about human relationships at all but at one time in my life I found myself living alone for the first time in my life and trying to care alone for two very large, very difficult dogs (one had health problems and one had behavioural problems).

I had no friends or family who knew about dogs and I felt totally alone. On-line communities helped me through that. I made very good friends who are real life friends, did a degree and now have tons of friends who know all about dogs.

The strength and worth of a good on-line community I think can't be underestimated. So hats off to you for that too.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:04 PM

I don't know if you are one of those people who appreciates reassurance or one who doesn't want to hear "I'm sure you'll do fine". Nerves are a tough thing to conquer. I'm working on that myself in other areas; I have a deliciously dirty mind and on paper or in text I looove dirty talking to my guys; but in person I clam up. I love them, trust them more than I've ever trusted anyone, but I get all tongue tied and the words don't come out how I hear them in my head. It's something I have to make a conscious effort to do for them, because they love it, but I'm always worried that I'm going to "mess up".

My hope for you is that you surprise yourself, because Mono and PN are already proud of you and I doubt that you could embarrass them by challenging yourself. That is something that takes alot of courage and you are a very brave woman.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:19 PM

Relax, do your best and make if fun! Your peeps will love you no matter what and you'll get hugs and kisses when it's all over. Maybe you should strip while singing - Opps, probably not that sort of crowd, well strip in your head.

I've talked with professional singers who get sick before every performance.

Good Luck!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Thanks for the words that make me keep at it. It really does make a difference to know I am appreciated. All of us mods do lots to keep this place going... it isn't seen most of the time, which means things are running smoothly. Man there is a lot I would do to fix this place up, but things take time and are complicated... we all work hard to keep the ball rolling; sometimes it doesn't budge, but one thing is for sure, the spam just a keeps on comin'

SO! Update.

Really at this point I have worked myself up in to a frenzy at about a solo I have to do that I am almost positive I am going to BOMB on. I came home last night and announced to PN and Mono that they should expect to be very embarrassed on the 10th of Dec because I don't think I can pull it off. I am just not good enough. The women I am singing with are professionals. I am not and I have the hardest harmony part because it isn't the melody.

Sorry, entirely not poly related but as it has completely consumed me and has made it so I am a blabbering idiot most of the time I might be a bit quiet for a bit or overly cranky sounding. I am doing my best to re-do cranky sounding posts, but in case I get caught up... I just can't find my happy empathy place at the moment. Everything seems trivial in the face of this daunting performance. Funny I can strip for an audience when I do burlesque, and LOVE IT> but get me to sing a lousy little Christmas song I have known for years and nope.... no can do.
Most people dont realise thats its more difficult to sing a harmony than the tune! Thats because your brain just wants to sing the tune, and you have learn your harmony part, as if it is the tune !!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
Most people dont realise thats its more difficult to sing a harmony than the tune! Thats because your brain just wants to sing the tune, and you have learn your harmony part, as if it is the tune !!
exactly! And I think I might do okay... had my rehearsal tonight and it was okay. I have a few more days to practice, practice, practice.

Its my birthday tomorrow and I took the day off. Coffee with Leo in the morning, coffee with Derby later in the afternoon. Dinner with Mono, PN, LB and my folks.

Happy day.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:49 AM

I've spent the past few days reading through the whole thread, unable to stop LOL! You're a compelling voice RP. Thank you for sharing, you and Mono. I wasn't surprised to find out that you're a Sag (I am too!!! ); there really are some traits that are shared across the board regardless of circumstance, life trajectory, etc.

You and I are >here< with that need for selfspace. As long as I have that I can deal with everything else, levelheaded and focused. I'm already dreaming of a spare room, away from hubs and VJ (our son), where I can write and write and write and eat and write with the door closed and the peace of mind knowing they're taken care of on the other side of it.

Again, thank you so much for opening up for us all. It's appreciated!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:20 PM

Keep at it arrowbound (love the name). It was well worth making a stand by living in the van for a bit, lol.

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee