Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 PM

Default Hello from El Paso :)

I mostly expect to be lurking and reading up on various threads, but figured I should throw out an introduction first.

I'm married, with my wife and I both being open to, well, open relationships, after a fashion. We've both been involved in the swinger scene, which worked better for her than for me -- I tend to need some sort of emotional connection to the other people involved before I can really relax and enjoy things. We (pretty much I) have had poly relationships in the past, but the secondaries have all been a few hundred miles away, making it hard to maintain anything long-term, or allow for more frequent dates.

El Paso doesn't seem to have as much of a poly community as, say, Denver, but I thought I'd at least read up on how other folks were managing in their corners of the world.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Official Greeter

Hi lethe,
Welcome to our forum.

I find that it does make a difference what area you live in. Austin, Seattle, and Boston have always struck me as "very active poly cities," with many poly groups and many poly people living there. We do have a poly group here in Albuquerque, but it wasn't there six years ago. Santa Fe has had an active poly group for quite a long time.

I relate with you about needing an emotional connection. Sex is a very emotional experience for me. Anyway, I hope you enjoy our time on our site, and I encourage you to post any questions or what have you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.