Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 06:37 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through so much pain right now, Dazed. It's such a miserable irony that she is dumping you.

I remember you posting earlier in this thread, something about having accepted that she is a spoiled teenager at heart, and loving her anyhow. Not that it can help with the pain now, but perhaps there is some hope for the future in this...

There are adults out there to fall in love with. People who, if they love you, will care for your heart with all of theirs.

You deserve to be loved like that. And if you choose it, that kind of love will find you, one day.

Keep hanging in there,

Anotherbo
Old 08-26-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazednConfused View Post
Well, after lots of talking today, I think shes reached her breaking point and is giving up on us. Been a long time since I've been dumped.
I hope you see the positives in this.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-26-2010, 06:53 PM

We're still working on it and talking. I actually convinced her (briefly) that doing some lurking/reading here might help us. I don't think it's spoiled teen so much as NRE that keeps screwing things up. I do love her, and Ive been pretty picky about who I love. Whole damn thing is so hard...
Old 08-26-2010, 07:47 PM

If she does start lurking here, she might be shocked at how negative our responses have been towards her and her BF. If so, I hope she can recognize that up til now, we've only heard one side of the story, and some of us (me included) may have rushed to judgement in the name of being supportive.

But reading your posts may be instructive for her.

Anotherbo
Old 08-26-2010, 09:30 PM

Something that has gone on this long is making me very impatient at this point. Well, I lost that ages ago. An affair is an affair... No patience for how shes handled herself in this. Absolutely no compassion or care. Just take take take.

When does the wife get to find out. I can't believe her marriage has been made a mockery for so long. I would be telling her by now.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:53 PM

Yeah, I wouldnt be able to go on double dates with that man and his clueless wife. I wouldn't be able to help keep the affair a secret.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 PM

I agree with RP and Magdlyn. His wife deserves to know so that she too can move on with her life either with or without him.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:29 PM

*hand up* I will tell her if you want.

He should of course, but she is being made fun of and if it were me, I would want to know by any means necessary if I were being made a fool of.

Okay, maybe not the best idea but oh the sweet release! I would breath a big sigh of relief.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:40 AM

I would have BEEN told the wife her husband ain't shit.

And you love her so Imma keep my mouth shut about this latest development. Maybe comment when I've gotten some sleep and can tap dance around what I really wanna say.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:38 AM

Like I've said before,you DO deserve better than this..((hugs))

I would be interested to know what do you think will keep you emotionally 'safe' right now? Staying with a woman who rips your heart out by being with this guy and disrespecting you or getting out and finding a good support network to help you get through the pain of losing your marriage? It may sound trite/simple but if you stay then the pain will go on,you know that..how much more can you bear without losing who you are?
xxx

Tags
affairs, cheating, cheating and poly, endings, neglect, self sacrifice