Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
In case my previous post sounded arrogant and boastful,
Sounds more like blessed to me.

Yesterday I told my wife I feel like we are nothing more than fuck buddies. She was sincerely, and maybe justifiably, offended by this. I'm just trying to find a way to understand our relationship better so it hurts less when she tells me shes got a date with this *insert explitive* .

I'm still crying myself to sleep most nights. She keeps dropping not so suttle hints about how we got into the day-to-day of life and neglected our romance. How the hell am I supposed to rekindle anything? We are certainly being more affectionate, but the only way I can come close to enjoying it is by completely shutting my mind off.

I do feel bad for her, she fell for a real creep, but, he was pretty up-front with her from the get-go. I'm not placing blame, they're both stupid about the whole thing. I'm just trying my best to enjoy the time I do get with her, accept her as a friend so I can talk about her 'not-so-love-life'.

I just feel like I'm grieving the loss of my marriage, and it really sucks.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazednConfused View Post
Yesterday I told my wife I feel like we are nothing more than fuck buddies. She was sincerely, and maybe justifiably, offended by this.
Maybe because she has been treating you like a roommate with benefits instead of like a wife.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Maybe because she has been treating you like a roommate with benefits instead of like a wife.
Well, ya, there is that.

So they have a concert/date tonight. Carpooling from strip bar. I know it's stupid, but it just adds insult to injury. A-I'm too embarassed to go back there (and the girls are HOT) B-seriously, like the dick's not enough for the night, shes gotta go spend our money on women?!?

This isn't getting any easier. I keep trying to fake that it is, but it's not. When will I stop caring?
Old 08-25-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazednConfused View Post
This isn't getting any easier. I keep trying to fake that it is, but it's not. When will I stop caring?
You won't stop caring while you still love her...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:04 PM

RGH the one thing I was looking fwd to all day, working out some frustrations, and she forgets to leave me gym key. Priorities? Too excited for her night?!?god im pissed
Old 08-26-2010, 01:13 AM

Motherfucker!

May I ask how old you all are? She just seems to be so self centered and acting in such an immature, short-sighted manner.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 08-26-2010, 02:14 AM

36, shes 30
Old 08-26-2010, 02:57 AM

Ah, Saturn return perhaps... that is exactly the age I had my crap with my ex wife... she was in her mid 20's and PN was 21! Shit that was a long time ago....
Old 08-26-2010, 03:53 PM

ARGH, well I just suck. She had a good time last night. I brought home food, I went out to drink while she was out, I stilll cant be at home. We ate, went to bed. The nasty thoughts started in my head, and I moved to the couch. First thing this morn, I was on the attack, and it just sucks. I'm just spewing as little venom as I can, how can I love someone this much, and continue to allow myself to hurt. We're all going to Lawn Fete tmr, us, and him/his wife...ugh. Saturday he has a Stag, Im confident he'll call my wife after he's all stagy. SO, now I feel like my whole weekend is screwed. And with all the other stuff, sick mom, job troubles, I know Im being a raving, unkind bitch.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:57 PM

Well, after lots of talking today, I think shes reached her breaking point and is giving up on us. Been a long time since I've been dumped.

Tags
affairs, cheating, cheating and poly, endings, neglect, self sacrifice