Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 10:23 PM

MBG this is all a big learning process with no rule book on how things are supposed to go. It does get better and things do get easier. Things are always going to come up but you find a way to move through it quicker and to identify exactly why you feel the way you do.

And unfortunately your husband and metamour are human and they make mistakes. Sometimes these mistakes are really really painful. From what I know of both of them, they aren't doing things maliciously to hurt you. If you can't trust in anything else right now try to trust in your husband's intentions.

I'm sorry this is so crappy for you. You'll be here in not too long, fancy going out on the town? I'll have to ask my hubby if he minds keeping the kids for the evening but I think we should go out and have some fun. You sound like you're in much need of fun!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
MBG this is all a big learning process with no rule book on how things are supposed to go. It does get better and things do get easier. Things are always going to come up but you find a way to move through it quicker and to identify exactly why you feel the way you do.

And unfortunately your husband and metamour are human and they make mistakes. Sometimes these mistakes are really really painful. From what I know of both of them, they aren't doing things maliciously to hurt you. If you can't trust in anything else right now try to trust in your husband's intentions.

I'm sorry this is so crappy for you. You'll be here in not too long, fancy going out on the town? I'll have to ask my hubby if he minds keeping the kids for the evening but I think we should go out and have some fun. You sound like you're in much need of fun!
Oh oh oh when?! I must write it on the calender so I can make sure I'm free! See we going out ladies?! I'm surrounded by boys and need girl time!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
It is getting quicker, easier, but at the same time more painful. We had an amazingly painful, horrible, understanding, healing conversation last night in the space of about 30 minutes while my friends were waiting for me downstairs (it was craft night - they were busy chatting and crafting)

Quote:
This is what is keeps me going. I know that they don't have malicious intentions, I know that they care for me and I know that the learning curve is so very steep for all of us, especially with all of us being new. I am grateful that he CAN get to that point of understanding. I wish it didn't have to be so painful to get there.

Quote:
HELL YA~!!

I need to get out, let loose and not have to worry about things. But yes, getting out on the town and having fun sounds like a great time

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 10-07-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Oh oh oh when?! I must write it on the calender so I can make sure I'm free!
I will be in Victoria for the school field trip on October 28 & 29. I'm planning on ditching the rest of the class, taking my boy(s) and hanging out the night of the 29th and going home on the 30th

My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 10-07-2010, 10:46 PM

want to babysit for us the evening of the 28th? I have a ball to go to that night and no sitter yet

Oh and I will make it up to you with fun times on the 29th
Old 10-07-2010, 10:53 PM

I would, I so would... unfortunately I will be bunking down in South Park Elementary gym with 60 kids..

My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 10-07-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbabygirl View Post
I would, I so would... unfortunately I will be bunking down in South Park Elementary gym with 60 kids..
Ummm fun?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
want to babysit for us the evening of the 28th? I have a ball to go to that night and no sitter yet

Oh and I will make it up to you with fun times on the 29th
One of the women from our group just posted a Halloween party on the 30th. Looks like we are going. But I put you both down for the 29th. I called in a "girls night" *whince* only because Mono said its PG... poly girls he's driving me crazy.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Ummm fun?
Hmmm I wish. First thing I will need wherever I land on Friday afternoon is a shower

My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 10-07-2010, 11:46 PM

I wonder how my life got so busy.

For the last few weeks - my schedule's been full.

Tuesdays have had *something* (ladies night, karaoke)
Wednesdays is craft night with my friends (at my house)
Thursdays is my course in the early evening.

Weekends have been busy - this weekend, aside from being Thanksgiving, I'm working on Saturday - doing a car seat clinic.

Next Saturday, doing another car seat clinic.

I know something's going on on the 23rd - but I can't remember what.

The following weekend I'll be in Victoria (after the kid's field trip) Crap - gotta find out if I'll be missing anything important for my course on the Thursday night :O

But when did my life get so busy?

My Journey as a Widow

Jane