Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 05:20 AM

Here is a friendly FYI about self help books. They are catered to those who have the learning style of reading. If you are an interactive learner, than the books will be useless(ish). I find self help books to be a virtual void of information for me. I can read them, but can't process them well. I use forums because of the interaction and processing other people bring. Whether or not anyones right is irrelevant, but showing me alternatives is best way to get me to find the truth.

This isn't me being negative, if they work great. But be cognizant of how you learn. Thats the key in trying to get healthier. Don't get frustrated with one method, if its the method that doesn't work for you. Everything Mohegan wrote works wonderfully for people who learn that way, but I went through school despising the education system because I am significantly better at learning when "doing" than when "reading".
Old 12-20-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
Apparently Bobba Fett is also the most interesting man in the world.
No, Mr. Fett (and he IS a Mr. believe you me) is the most interesting man in the Galaxy.... a galaxy far, far away...
Old 12-21-2010, 04:43 PM

Tuesday, Dec. 21, 2010 10:56 AM

Haven't had the time to write in this thing since I got to Ohio - I've been too busy doing work and running errands for the in-laws.

Trying to keep my mind off of Cricket, but that's a losing battle. When we talk, half the time I don't even get an "I love you", even if I say it. I have no idea where I stand with her right now. And to top it off, even though she's "takin a break from relationships", She spent all night watching the eclipse with J last night. Hice to see he's taking full advantage of our break to be a cowboy. Nice to know she's able to find the time to spend with him and be romantic, but couldn't do so with me.

Why the fuck am I even trying here?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:50 PM

((Hugs))
Old 12-21-2010, 06:40 PM

So I just did the math here.

J is moving to Pittsburgh for at least the summer (4 months, I believe). Most of us think he won't be coming back.

He's already asked Cricket to come with him for the summer. She has yet to respond.

He is the one who suggested to her that she "needs to take a break from relationships" in the first place. He's also the one who broke up with her because he "couldn't handle a poly relationship".

And now that we're "taking a break" and I'm in Ohio, he's spending all kinds of time with her...

I am a fucking moron. How did I not see this earlier?
Old 12-21-2010, 06:47 PM

Sorry to hear this my friend. I'd say you are likely right about the cowboy thing. I can't think of what else to tell you other than maybe, if it is time to move on from this, this might be a good time to focus on other areas of your life. Maybe it's time to take charge of your self awareness and career path the way you take charge of your weapons on the field of battle. You're a fighter Karma, but one of the biggest issue with that type of energy is learning how to channel it into other areas when you aren't actually fighting. Dig your heels in, put your shoulder to the wind and make a change. Think of this as a spring board to a higher level of total life.

Take care

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 12-22-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:41 PM

I love you Mono, thank you for having the words when I do not.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:00 PM

So yesterday I learned that, while my paranoia has served me well in the past, it is NOT helping me right now.

More on this after sleep. Suffice it to say that not everything was as fucked up as I imagined it to be.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:52 AM

Complete with Ariakas in the learning arena. I can process advancement through reading but I am much better if it involves hands-on, so to speak.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:54 AM

({hugging you very tightly yet tenderly})