I'm a man and I voted yes 16 13.79%
I'm a man and I vote no 25 21.55%
I'm gender-variant and I vote yes 1 0.86%
I'm gender-variant and I vote no 1 0.86%
Magical brownies 17 14.66%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 PM

Thumbs up

I think the famous and oft-repeated quote goes: "Don't knock Masturbation, its sex with someone I love."
Old 10-30-2010, 03:22 PM

I am female and believe that masturbation is sex. If sex is love-making, then masturbation is self-loving.
Masturbation as part of cyber-sex or telephone sex - definitely sex (with a partner, intimately, mutually pleasing and in tune with each other's needs).
Old 11-02-2010, 01:41 PM

Wink

I am female and I feel like masturbating is sex with myself. I take as much careful preparation in my space as I would for a special romantic night with someone else. My health is important to me and frankly it's good for me.
In moderation.

Self honesty, communication, respect trifecta of a good start.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:43 AM

Sex for one? Yes, please!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "
Old 11-09-2010, 02:57 PM

If it is, then I'm a sex addict. Ok, don't mean to make light of the situation, but to me masturbation isn't sex because I'm flying solo. Sex, for me, has to include at least one other person. Preferably 2!!

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Old 11-19-2010, 02:19 AM

Sex to me is intercourse/penetration. But oooh magical brownies!
=]
Old 12-02-2010, 02:54 PM

I voted "Magic Brownies" because I am having a hard time distinguishing whether or not I should answer from an "Is (M) sex?" Or "Is (M) intercourse?" POV. If I was answering from the "intercourse" POV I'd say no. If I was answering from the "sex" POV I'd say yes because I don't think sex=intercourse. Sex/sexuality can start long before intercourse and continue long afterward. Sex can also take many forms for many people from flirting, touching, exchanges of looks, to talking intimately. That is assuming it is mutual (M) with a partner. If it is solo, I wouldn't see it as sex under either definition. For me sex is a shared experience.

Did I maybe over-think my answer?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Magic Brownies

:P

Last edited by polychronopolous; 12-02-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:54 PM

I would certainly say yes! to me masturbation is self loving and only up until recently have I been dating again.......I tried many ways to try and put my mind at ease when I was single.

cause lets face it for most of us even if we know having a period to our selves for a while.....is good for us...its not ever easy to be single.

but one thing that helped me through my rough period in life was the old saying "you can't expect anyone to love you, unless you don't love yourself" and truth be told and I can easily fall into being people pleaser when I am in relationships I like doting on the ones I love and spoiling them and sometimes I would only think of my self until the last minute so I tried everything I could to change that kind of behavior in myself.

a really fascinating book to read on the subject is Sex for One : The Joy of Selfloving by: Betty Dodson, Betty Dodson (Illustrator)

but to me personally I have found that I don't get much enjoyment out of masturbation unless I can orgasm from it.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:11 PM

I would certainly say yes! to me masturbation is self loving and only up until recently have I been dating again.......I tried many ways to try and put my mind at ease when I was single.

cause lets face it for most of us even if we know having a period to our selves for a while.....is good for us...its not ever easy to be single.

but one thing that helped me through my rough period in life was the old saying "you can't expect anyone to love you, unless you don't love yourself" and truth be told and I can easily fall into being people pleaser when I am in relationships I like doting on the ones I love and spoiling them and sometimes I would only think of my self until the last minute so I tried everything I could to change that kind of behavior in myself.

a really fascinating book to read on the subject is Sex for One : The Joy of Selfloving by: Betty Dodson, Betty Dodson (Illustrator)

but to me personally I have found that I don't get much enjoyment out of masturbation unless I can orgasm from it.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:04 PM

To me sex requires a partner. Plain and simple.

Tags
definitions, masturbation, sex