Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Default Am I odd?

Am I the only poly guy that isn't really that interested in having a threesome involving both SOs? I love them both, I'm attracted to them both, and while I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of both of them in my bed at one time, I'm just not all that pressed on the issue. I could seriously take it or leave it.

Am I odd?
Old 07-04-2010, 09:48 PM

No, that is not odd.

Lots of people prefer the individual, and undivided attention, that they can give to their significant other`s, over the feeling of 'pressure' that can come with threesomes and more-somes.

There is nothing wrong with it, and you have to be true to yourself.

Now, if your significant other`s like the idea of a threesome, then you have to decide if you can compromise. If it`s just a preference, and not a outright 'issue' there should be easy room for negotiations.

Sometimes everyone is in the same bed, sometimes its one on one time.

Now,..even if it was odd ,..would it really matter ?
Old 07-04-2010, 11:31 PM

While I enjoy threesome action, I don't desire it all the time. I am just as content enjoying each of my loves individually.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:23 AM

I think that is one of the common misconceptions of poly/open relationships. Similar to the one I keep butting my head against. I'm a poly female, but I'm not bi! OMG! So the fact that you are not really interested in having a 3-some with your ladies doesn't make you odd, it makes you, you.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:43 AM

threesomes create a whole different energy than couple sex. I cant understand that you would not necessarily want that. It's all very individualistic and I am glad to hear you are respecting yourself enough to not do something that isn't necessarily what you want right now... it really is a huge cross over anyways and everyone has to be in the right frame of mind. Knowing the drama that has been going on for you, why bring on more at the moment. time and place for everything.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:31 AM

3somes really complicate things. But let's hear it from poly fellas...is he odd?
Old 07-05-2010, 12:48 PM

After some of the trouble it has stirred up, I can see why a guy (that is thinking) might avoid a threesome, but yes, it is odd.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 PM

Two women at one time has never been a fantasy of mne...surprise, surprise

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-05-2010, 02:46 PM

It's not odd to not want it. However, it also isn't as troublesome as some people seem to think it is. I've had several, and they can both be really fun, and really loving. The same exponential feelings you gain from having multiple lovers, is shared in making love with multiple lovers. It's an amazing feeling, and i'd recommend it to whoever is in the situation to have it like that. When the girls can manage to not to damn insecure about their looks, and the guy manage to not care about "performance", it makes out to be a damn good experience.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Am I the only poly guy that isn't really that interested in having a threesome involving both SOs? I love them both, I'm attracted to them both, and while I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of both of them in my bed at one time, I'm just not all that pressed on the issue. I could seriously take it or leave it.

Am I odd?
As an ex-unicon hunter and threesome enjoyer, you aren't the only guy. ...I have noticed there is the odd one, and in fact some don't want threesomes at all

I am shifting my thoughts to more individual relationships, but I...thoroughly enjoy threesomes. But as ygirls signature says, it isn't all about the threesomes