Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 11:18 PM

First off, those are NOT vampires. Those are carnivorous sparkle-fairies, or - as my gf has termed them- Myerpires.

MYERPIRE: n- a fictional creature that lurks in highschools to fall helplessly in love with twitty little girls, in spite of their supposed centuries worth of worldly experience and maturity. Known to sparkle like a gay pride float when exposed to sunlight.

ex: If I had to choose between meeting a pissed off fae or a myerpire in a dark alley at night, I'd sure as hell choose the myerpire. I know I can take one of them. (quoted from my gf.)

Secondy, Team Edward or Team Jacob? Get real.....

I'm on Team Spike.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:38 PM

So I just saw Eclipse! It was wonderful! I hope you all see it soon It was awsome... and btw Team Edward and Jacob need to hook up LOL
Old 07-03-2010, 11:42 PM

@Karma I love your picture!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:03 AM

Thank you Mohegan got all computer-savvy and made it for me, but it may change soon. I have something else in mind.

We'll see.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:13 AM

@Edward I think her view is interesting because it is based purely on her imagination and the word of mouth Lore that exists today. I think its also humanities way of making good out of crap
Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 PM

I prefer David Wellington's Laura Caxton series to any of the vampire romances. Tough female cop kicks vampire arse (and gets her physical and emotional butt kicked quite a bit, too). The vampires are some of the nastiest I've ever seen in vampire literature (for instance, they change you by driving you to commit suicide). For the most part, I like my vampires as antagonists or maybe anti-heroes (a la Lestat in the first couple Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles), not sparkly lover boys.

Mendalla

Last edited by Mendalla; 07-08-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:48 PM

New spoof of Twilight coming out!

http://www.break.com/index/vampires-suck-1879620
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 07-08-2010, 10:32 PM

I'm all about the Harry Dresden series. THOSE are real vampires, in all their nastiness... and the hero almost always gets the crap kicked out of him, too. Having a near-invulnerable hero just gets old to me.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:35 PM

Almost always? Dresden can't even avoid getting his ass whooped in Butler's short stories! But I agree, well done Vamps there.

I also enjoy Kim Harrison's Hallows series and Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series (although vamps don't show up till book 3)
Old 07-08-2010, 10:53 PM

First of all I have to say TEAM JACOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*woosahh*

Now, on to the discussion, it's funny that I just mentionned this in another thread, and I see it's already been noticed by someone else too (meaning the whole jacob and edward should just get in a triad with bella)... I say triad because that'd be no Vee... seriously.... bella would probably be kicked outta bed half the time lol