Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 PM

Default A lost carebear in need of a friend.

Hello everyone. I am a 45 yr old man who has been celebate for more than 10 yrs because I have never felt completely fullfilled by any relationship. I have ptsd and it manifests as a wall between me and ppl I dont know. I can not touch or be touched by sumone I do not know. I dont mean name, phone number, addy, but the most important thing,, who you are. I also am a gigantic carebear. I dearly love to help, cook, cater and basicaly care for those that get inside my wall. I feel as though I have more care inside me than I can possibly give to one person. I'm not interested in having a relationship with sumone who goes off to have a seperate relationship with someone else. Truth told, I dont want to base a relationship on sex at all, but rather snuggling, caring and takeing care of others. I think I would prefer to live with everyone I care about, together, not seperate. I dont know if that is polyamory, but I saw the show on showtime and it really struck a cord with me. I want that. I want a loving, caring environment. I have soooo much love in me that I'm in torment every day. Am I wrong? Sex is ok, but I want love. I'm not looking for marriage either, well at least to start with.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:27 PM

Hi and welcome

Quote:
I can not touch or be touched by sumone I do not know. I dont mean name, phone number, addy, but the most important thing,, who you are.
It sounds like you could be demisexual? I am that way too.

I do not wish to attach to any particular person. My love knows no limits.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:45 PM

You sound a lot like my lady. Would love to chat with you some more. Well welcome and I really hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Official Greeter

Hi Maxbull,
Welcome to our forum.

Re:
Quote:
"I'm not interested in having a relationship with someone who goes off to have a seperate relationship with someone else."
Do you mean that you wouldn't want any of your partners to have other partners at all, or just that you would want everyone connected to the group to be close to one another (or even living together)?

Re:
Quote:
"I don't know if that is polyamory, but I saw the show on Showtime and it really struck a cord with me."
If it involves romantic/consensual ties between more than two people, it's polyamory. (At least that's my definition of it.)

It sounds like you aren't the type to be rushed, and would do well to ease into things, getting to know people a little at a time. I would recommend doing much reading/posting on these boards and getting very familiar with the ins and outs of polyamory, as well as getting to know various polyamorous people.

I hope we're able to help.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.