Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 PM

Default Gay Male Threesome in NYC

Hello,

My name is Bruce. I live in New York City.

I am in a gay male 3-way relationship which is 100% open and honest. Zero jealousy, and 100% honesty, is our rule.

My initial partner and I have been together for 17 years next month.... and...

Our new third partner has joined us only 7 weeks ago.... on September 10, 2012.

This is our first real polyamorous relationship.... but we believe it will last.

Looking for interesting tips and advice on dealing with the unique situation of three lovers living together, and spending their lives together.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Official Greeter

Hi Bruce,
Welcome to our forum.

Communication is usually the most important part of making a poly relationship work, so get a lot of practice at it, knowing we can always become better communicators.

You'll be fortunate if you can accomplish zero jealousy. Almost everyone (including polyamorists) experiences jealousy from time to time. If it happens, the key is to just be honest about it, and do some internal exploring to find out what's the cause. (Sometimes there's a valid external cause, so you have to look for that too.) But it's no cause for panic, nor any reason to feel down about yourself. It just happens.

When living together, sometimes it's important for each person to have a "private space" they can retreat to. But everyone's different, so your triad will have its own unique needs.

So far, it sounds like you guys are getting along together just fine. If you keep reading and posting on Polyamory.com, it will help smooth out some bumps in the road.

Glad you're here,
Sincerely,
Kevin T.