Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 09:17 PM

I want to ask you, would you die for love?

Seriously, given a choice between living a fully loving human life and not, would you be willing to sacrifice everything? All of it?

I have no hesitation whatsoever in saying, Fucking hell yes!

I'd give everything for love.

An arm? No problem -- cut away! Two legs -- have at it. How many eyes do you want?
Here's my tongue, my brain....

We humans, most of us, are poor lovers. We don't want to sacrifice our taste in drapes, in dinner set patterns, in home decor....

People divorce over such things!

A lover is mighty thirsty. Mighty hungry. He'll / she'll take a swan dive into Pure Mystery
for a glimpse of the Beloved.

How hungry are you?

If you want to spend the rest of your life in front of the television, you are not yet ready to love. If you want only comfort and peace in love, you've not begun to travel the way of the lover.

Join with me, lovers! Risk everything! Become your true self.

River's Blog

Last edited by River; 07-07-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:12 AM

Default Thank you.

[QUOTE=River;87753]A Jack & Jill Story

"Jack and Jill were out for a stroll one day..."

Did you write this? I love it. It's beautifully touching; sad yet optimistic. Absolutely lovely. Thank you.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=Feedhercandy;90619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
A Jack & Jill Story

"Jack and Jill were out for a stroll one day..."

Did you write this? I love it. It's beautifully touching; sad yet optimistic. Absolutely lovely. Thank you.
Thanks! Yes, I wrote it. ... Or did it write me? Yes, I think it wrote me.

River's Blog
Old 07-08-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
I want to ask you, would you die for love?

Seriously, given a choice between living a fully loving human life and not, would you be willing to sacrifice everything? All of it?

I have no hesitation whatsoever in saying, Fucking hell yes!

I'd give everything for love.

An arm? No problem -- cut away! Two legs -- have at it. How many eyes do you want?
Here's my tongue, my brain....

We humans, most of us, are poor lovers. We don't want to sacrifice our taste in drapes, in dinner set patterns, in home decor....

People divorce over such things!

A lover is mighty thirsty. Mighty hungry. He'll / she'll take a swan dive into Pure Mystery
for a glimpse of the Beloved.

How hungry are you?

If you want to spend the rest of your life in front of the television, you are not yet ready to love. If you want only comfort and peace in love, you've not begun to travel the way of the lover.

Join with me, lovers! Risk everything! Become your true self.

Beautifully written!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:53 PM

Smitten kitten, VLDR style

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=35

River's Blog
Old 07-11-2011, 02:18 PM

My Dream This Morning

I'm sitting on a park bench, holding my wooden walking stick, the one I bring with me on most hikes. Oddly, the stick is up-side-down, with the tapered wood narrow on the top and thick on the bottom. I never carry it this way, of course! But here I am with a dream-generic friend, sitting on this bench. My arm extended and held high above my head, holding this up-side-down walking stick.

My friend asks me, touching his own heart, "So, you are becoming completely undefended?"

"Yes," I said, somewhat surprised and filled with wonder.

Comments On Dream

My world is turned up-side-down, and so being turned upright again, since the world has been quite up-side-down. (This world where hearts are defended rather than openly and freely expressed.)

Shiver on skin in saying this ... agrees.

Praise the Mystery!

River's Blog

Last edited by River; 07-11-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:04 PM

My impression:
I think that your sitting down in the dream means you feel able to relax, no need to push forward on a hike with your walking stick. You have reached a place of being comfortable where you are. You're saying, "Look, I can turn things upside down (even the very things I lean on), and I'm sitting right here, okay with it all." You're not chasing anything or running from something -- you're side by side on a bench with a friend! Yes, undefended, and also willing to be with what is. How nice!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 07-11-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:15 PM

nycindie,

Wow! That's perceptive. I hadn't thought about the sitting and the stick as such. Thanks!

My life is now so full of joyful magic and wonderful gifts falling into my lap out of the blue that, indeed, I'm very happy to sit and relax and just be here, or go for a hike..., or work..., or play....

I'm just so amazingly happy! I've been so unhappy for so long that it's surprizing. I've been knocked down hard in the past; I mean hard. And I am emerging with more resiliency than I thought possible, with the happiness and resiliency and magic growing a little each and every day. It is just so good to be alive, here in the Milky Way, on/in Earth. - - - Just like that Beatles song where it is sung, "It's getting better all the time". And I have less silly chronic fear each day, and less anxiety, and more peace and openness and joy.

I'd wish this on anyone! Well I do! I wish it on everyone!

River's Blog
Old 07-11-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
You're saying, "Look, I can turn things upside down (even the very things I lean on)
You know, I was just telling my far-away (but in my heart, close!) Sweetie how
happy and joyous I am to be so in love and have it be so little about me-getting-something-out-of-or-from her -- how much I want to give, to give love rather than to get her/it. It feels very grown up and adult I'm not leaning on her at all. That old energy has been turned up-side-down.

She's thinking of enrolling in a master's degree program way up North where she lives, more than a thousand miles from my home. I could be self-centered about it and tug on her (the old me woulda) to come study down here (since I cannot relocate), but I'm feeling this awesome trust that everything just has to work out perfectly so long as I keep my heart open wide, and wider each day.

River's Blog
Old 07-12-2011, 02:40 PM

Do you know that you are awake?

I fell asleep last night before Kevin came to bed, and then awoke -- sort of -- and sat up in bed when Kevin came into the room. I was in some sort of neither-here-nor-there consciousness (having just received some deep bodywork)..., when Kevin looked at me and asked with a soft sort of urgency, "You know you are awake, don't you? Sometimes people are awake and they don't know that they are awake. Do you know that you are awake?" (Later, explained that my eyes were "glassed over".)

I was stunned by this whole announcement and question, rattled to my core. What is awake? What is it? I don't know what awake is, but surely this must be it. Maybe, because I don't really know what awake is I am somehow more awake than I'd otherwise be? Maybe because a question like that can shake me to the core, I'm quite awake?

One day I was visiting my friend in Kansas and we were playing pool in this greasy spoon / bar sorta joint, when suddenly the lights came on. I had been in some kind of fog, and it cleared and I could see/feel/know the intense wonder and stunning wowness of being there/here. Right then, I was quite awake, I think. And I was sort of asleep before the lights came on.

Awakeness sparkles across my life, bubbling up here and there in myriad shapes, sizes, textures and colors. There is so much to wake up! Maybe (probably) my heart is between a quarter and a half of a fully awake heart? How wonderful to have a heart at all, even if it isn't yet as full and round and whole as it might be, down the road. Being happy with where I am on the journey of awakening is quite an awake place to be. The path is the destination. Every moment along the way is saturated with wonder.

River's Blog

Tags
journal, life experiences