Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
You know what...I have been looking at this comment and perhaps the only way I'll ever understand is to just go to one...only women around me though...I may be mono but I'm still hetero and there's nothing wrong with "inadvertently" copping a feel is there?...unless Nerdist is there..we have a special bond.

I'm kidding...but about what part?! Aha! You'll never know.
I have to agree with you on this one. And as far as I know "accident" is fine, but there are usually pretty strict rules about touching (ironic imo)...

I have thought of trying to go to one, but cuddling is something intimate for me. Well at least the type of cuddling I have seen on the documentaries about cuddling parties
Old 07-01-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Well at least the type of cuddling I have seen on the documentaries about cuddling parties

I will never watch that LOL! Not liking the sounds of that at all...I'll stick to being a hands off prick

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-01-2010, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Aww I got a hug saved for my friend. No picking me up and shaking me around though...I'm small but wiry And I guarantee you Redpepper will be sorely disappointed if you don't give her a huge hug!
How in the hell did you know I hug by picking people up and shaking them around haha...(ps i do do that, I love giving bear hugs)

I have a hug saved for anyone who wants it (Rp that includes you ). But I am very aware of personal space, once I feel awkwardness I pull my energy back.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
I will never watch that LOL! Not liking the sounds of that at all...I'll stick to being a hands off prick
From what I saw it was 20 people spooning...I only spoon for one reason one of thsoe things...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5276206n

There are more detailed ones haha

Last edited by Ariakas; 07-01-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:02 AM

Quote:
From what I saw it was 20 people spooning...I only spoon for one reason one of thsoe things...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5276206n

There are more detailed ones haha
I'm not even opening it...my energy is so finicky you wouldn't believe it. It's a candle that burns with intense heat but can be interupted by the slightest breeze. No need to fan this flame unless it is really important

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-01-2010, 03:24 AM

It won't be my awkwardness you feel in a bear hug AK... It will be Mono's. Apparently if you bear hug me behind his back he won't mind! just teasing.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:29 AM

I am poly so I don't cheat, I would have to hug you and then tell him the details
Old 07-01-2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
I am poly so I don't cheat, I would have to hug you and then tell him the details
Oh gawd...what did I start...DADTH. Don't Ask Don't Tell Hugs.
Knowledge is power but oblivion is bliss..plug me back in Morpheus I meant to take the blue pill

Poly Events All Over
Old 07-01-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Cuddle parties....*sigh*...it's hard to accept something that my daughter engages in as mature behavior....I know it's judgement but that's just how I feel.
Who said we have to ALWAYS act mature?

Kids have the right idea though. If they don't feel well, what do they want? A hug to help them feel better.

Breathes is a VERY touchy feely person, unfortunately he's also got a lot of nervous energy which translates into scratching (which I love) and rubbing (usually the same spot over & over again until it's sore).

I very much need personal space, mostly for my own mental health.

I love hugs and cuddles but only when I'm in the mood. For me it's mostly just needing to feel the closeness with someone.

Agggg, need a nap and not making much sense.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
... hands off prick
heh. How about hands on prick?

So... Mono is OK w Redpepper having sex with him, her husband Nerdist, and her gf Derby, but not so cool with her having long intimate hugs w a "bf" she is in a "non-sexual" relationship with? Why? Are you afraid that those hugs w this "bf" will lead to more, ie: sex with yet one more person?

It is interesting to see you 2 work on your relationship out here on the public board, hashing out issues you apparently haven't dealt with one on one irl.

DADT is a non-poly coping strategy. I get you mean it in jest, but I feel some discomfort around RP's intimacy boundaries there.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37

Tags
cuddles, intimacy, love languages, sex, touch, touching