Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Silhouette's Avatar
Silhouette Silhouette is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 31
Default bonjour mes amis

Hello out there. I will try to keep this short and sweet. I am a midwest lady born and raised, though luckily I have traveled much of this the world by my ripe age of 28. I am the creative type so you will find me reading, writing poetry, painting, or freelance design for companies most of the time. I am semi new to the poly lifestyle. A good friend of my husband and mine moved in, and we fell in love instantly. Luckily, this evolved with my husband's approval.I never dreamed of this lifestyle or planned for it. We we're just lucky to find what works for all of us naturally.

My husband and I have been together nine years and married for five. My partner and I have been together 1.5 years now and we're all still going strong. We are all musicians so this house is usually filled with voices, twangs, and bangs. We are animal lovers, and have three cats and two dogs. I foster for a few rescues time to time, but have stopped for a bit because I fall in love with furbabes too easily. Well, that is me in a tidbit if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I encourage it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2012, 07:36 PM
kdt26417's Avatar
kdt26417 kdt26417 is online now
Official Greeter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Olympia, Washington
Posts: 4,240
Default

Hi Silhouette,
Welcome to our forum.

Do you ever find that privacy is an issue in your living arrangement? Do the guys have separate bedrooms, etc.

I can sympathize with you about the falling in love with the furbabes. We just have one dog and one cat, but we're very loyal to both.

I hope you're finding your stay on Polyamory.com enjoyable so far.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.
__________________
Love means never having to say, "Put down that meat cleaver!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Silhouette's Avatar
Silhouette Silhouette is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 31
Default

Thanks for the welcome Kevin. No privacy really isn't an issue with us. We like each others presence and give space when needed. They both have their own rooms. Their rooms are both mine as well. If we need space our home is luckily a good size so at least for me I haven't noticed that being an issue.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:36 PM
kdt26417's Avatar
kdt26417 kdt26417 is online now
Official Greeter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Olympia, Washington
Posts: 4,240
Default

Sounds good; I technically have a similar arrangement, but I think my need for privacy is more than average. Every poly family is different, so I'm always curious to hear about how things work for others.
__________________
Love means never having to say, "Put down that meat cleaver!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-14-2012, 05:05 AM
JaneQSmythe JaneQSmythe is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pennsyl-tucky
Posts: 1,041
Default

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

Sound like your situation is similar to mine in several ways. I'm more science-y than creative, nevertheless I am the "musician" in the group (classical piano, clarinet/bass clarinet, drums and various dabbling) - I'd like it if the boys would bone up on their skills so we could jam a bit (we compromise by playing "RockBand" a lot ). You might want to check out our "Music and Musicians" thread.

Most of my travels have been in the US - 48 states by the time I was 21 (made the last 2 - Hawaii and Florida - by the time I was 30). In addition to Canada and Mexico, I spent a month as an exchange student in Germany and visited neighboring countries while there. I hope to visit Australia one day for an extended time (at least a month or more).

Our household consists of Me, My Husband of 16 years (together for 20), My Boyfriend (and my husband's best friend) of 1.5 years, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a 6 1/2 foot Brazilian Rainbow Boa Constrictor. The cat and one of the dogs are from the Humane Society. The other dog showed up at our back door one morning (we live in the middle of Nowhere). In addition we have fostered 2 cats that have randomly showed up at our house that we were able to place with friends. As we have a fair amount of land, at some point we plan on adding goats, chickens and rabbits to the mix.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

JaneQ
__________________
Me: poly bi female, in an "open-but-not-looking" Vee-plus with -
MrS: hetero polyflexible male, live-in husband (together 21+ yrs)
Dude: hetero poly male, live-in boyfriend (together 3+ yrs) and MrS's best friend
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ


My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-14-2012, 06:23 PM
truepoly truepoly is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
Hello out there. I will try to keep this short and sweet. I am a midwest lady born and raised, though luckily I have traveled much of this the world by my ripe age of 28. I am the creative type so you will find me reading, writing poetry, painting, or freelance design for companies most of the time. I am semi new to the poly lifestyle. A good friend of my husband and mine moved in, and we fell in love instantly. Luckily, this evolved with my husband's approval.I never dreamed of this lifestyle or planned for it. We we're just lucky to find what works for all of us naturally.

My husband and I have been together nine years and married for five. My partner and I have been together 1.5 years now and we're all still going strong. We are all musicians so this house is usually filled with voices, twangs, and bangs. We are animal lovers, and have three cats and two dogs. I foster for a few rescues time to time, but have stopped for a bit because I fall in love with furbabes too easily. Well, that is me in a tidbit if you have any questions please feel free to ask. I encourage it.
Alors parlez-vous Francais? J'aimerai bein entretenir une conversation avec vous :-).

I am newly embracing the concept of poly myself but I have known for a while i was a poly. Nice to read your post.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Silhouette's Avatar
Silhouette Silhouette is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneQSmythe View Post
Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

Sound like your situation is similar to mine in several ways. I'm more science-y than creative, nevertheless I am the "musician" in the group (classical piano, clarinet/bass clarinet, drums and various dabbling) - I'd like it if the boys would bone up on their skills so we could jam a bit (we compromise by playing "RockBand" a lot ). You might want to check out our "Music and Musicians" thread.

Most of my travels have been in the US - 48 states by the time I was 21 (made the last 2 - Hawaii and Florida - by the time I was 30). In addition to Canada and Mexico, I spent a month as an exchange student in Germany and visited neighboring countries while there. I hope to visit Australia one day for an extended time (at least a month or more).

Our household consists of Me, My Husband of 16 years (together for 20), My Boyfriend (and my husband's best friend) of 1.5 years, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a 6 1/2 foot Brazilian Rainbow Boa Constrictor. The cat and one of the dogs are from the Humane Society. The other dog showed up at our back door one morning (we live in the middle of Nowhere). In addition we have fostered 2 cats that have randomly showed up at our house that we were able to place with friends. As we have a fair amount of land, at some point we plan on adding goats, chickens and rabbits to the mix.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

JaneQ
Jane, thank you for the welcome and wow yes I can see we have a lot alike!! It's great to see hear that, and know it not only works for me but others. Thanks for the link I will check it out. I am jealous you have land that is a dream of mine. One day....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Silhouette's Avatar
Silhouette Silhouette is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepoly View Post
Alors parlez-vous Francais? J'aimerai bein entretenir une conversation avec vous :-).

I am newly embracing the concept of poly myself but I have known for a while i was a poly. Nice to read your post.
Je parle un petit français. A besoin de se rappeler si vous êtes en haut d'aider*?

Thank you for the welcome, and the friend request. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:36 AM.