Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 AM

Default Can we get this right?

My husband and I have been happily married for 10 years and after much discussion decided to open our marriage to polyamory. We are new to this and need some advice. We are completely genuine and real in our desire to open our lives to someone new. It seems like meeting a girl who shares our ideals and values is an impossible task. We've tried a variety of options, starting a website, online dating sites etc but to no avail. It seems like the only people we meet have ulterior motives or feel the need to judge and decry what we see as a beautiful and amazing relationship. Does anyone have any ideas on how to meet people and get to know them? Im posting this message as an appeal to get honest feedback as Im starting to become jaded in my view of the world.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:38 AM

Hello and welcome. You have posted this in a forum dedicated to articles for a future front page for the site. You might find it worthwhile to ask a moderator to move it to the Poly Relationships Corner instead as people are more likely to see it there.

People post here with similar questions fairly regularly, so you can use the search function to find their threads for general information. Given that you say you've decided to open your marriage by "meeting a girl" who I presume you mean to share, you may also benefit from doing a search for "Unicorn hunting" as there are some well-known pitfalls along that route.

In answer to your question, though, yes, you can get it right if you put the work in.