Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 02:54 PM

Default I need input.

I have lived in a poly relationship for the past year and a half. I absolutley loved it. But the main woman could not get over jealousy problems. I know in my heart that this is the way I want to live my life. Problem is I live in a rural town and have no idea how to meet other poly poeple. Any suggestions?
Old 08-19-2012, 04:22 PM

You'd be surprised how many poly folks there are in rural areas. You don't say which country or part of the country you are in, but if you can travel, there may just be poly groups close by that you could join and get to know a few people.

Try also the free dating site OKCupid - make sure you mention polyamory in your description and say that you are looking for friends. Quite a few poly folk use that site just to find other polys to be friends with.

Hope this helps!

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 08-19-2012, 07:19 PM

Sorry. Iguess that would help. I live in east central Indiana. Just outside Richmond.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:49 PM

I believe there is a meetup group based right outside of Dayton. Indianapolis also has some events every now and then, and most definitely has a fair sized poly community (the Indy community didn't seem very event oriented, but the people are there and looking). A bit of a drive for random events, but indicative of an active poly community in the somewhat near vicinity.

I agree about OKCupid, though. Even if you're nervous about putting your photo out there, you can make a profile and search for other profiles that mention poly. It's a great way to connect, find friends, and potential dates.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:05 PM

We live in indianapolis if youd be interested in chtting sometime