Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 02:52 AM

Default What do you think?

My hubby and I have had a relationship with another couple for over a year. yes, sex is involved... mostly swap but some all together. I just can figure out what we are... other like us?.. we all have no interest in involving others. We clearly all love each other. They have children which will be out of the house in a few years, and yes.. we have talked of getting a 'duplex'. We do, and I think will always have the primary/secondary spouses... I just don't know where we fit in the poly world. Any input?
Old 06-21-2010, 02:55 AM

You fit in just fine and congrats on your poly success. ...

There are others like you, with working quads. Even if all 4 aren't involved with each other sexually. Don't worry about the label, just enjoy what you have

Ari
Old 06-21-2010, 03:55 AM

Enjoy it and don't over think it! There have been people in very similar situations who only had problems once some one in the group tried to label it. Enjoy

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 06-21-2010, 07:45 PM

Hi princess, we're extremely new to this and in the process of learning the concepts. That said, my wife and I recently met a couple and all four of us just had this instant 'click'/connection. None of us now really have much interest in involving other couples or people (both couples come from the swinging world). It feels like dating for the first time, just on a slightly larger level.

So, long story short, based on our new experience, I think you aren't alone in that concept. I don't know if we are really poly yet (I think we all have a lot to learn based on what I've been reading so far!)