Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 02:28 AM

Oh, so you want two husbands? I thought you wanted a relationship with another woman and your boyfriend. Listen, polygyny (multiple wives) and polyandry (multiple husbands) aren't even something anyone can pursue legally in the West, so just make it easier on yourself and call it polyamory! That term includes spouses, gf's, bf's, and anything under the sun as long as it's loving, ethical, and honest.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "
Old 09-26-2012, 03:54 AM

Default good idea

I'm actually male with a boyfriend, essentially my husband since we've been together so long and are always together. Friends say we act like an old married couple sometimes anyways. We're looking at adding a girl to our m/m relationship. I like the advice of just saying polyamory, less explaining and it sounds like something non poly people would be able to translate without a wikipedia article *smiles*.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:11 AM

A triad is a fine ideal to hold in theory, but what if one of you falls in love with her and the other doesn't... do you break it off or continue as a vee?

Great general advice here: http://www.morethantwo.com/coupledating.html
Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 AM

I read that article, it was very nice and put forth the issues in plain language. I was interested in reading the updated book by the woman wbo kind of started the poltamory movement back in tbe 70s, it sounds very informative and real world, though the author and totle escape me for tbe moment.

Tags
bisexual, m/m, mmf, polyandry