Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 PM

Default Hi

Hi, I'm really new to all of this so please bare with me and please forgive me if I say something the wrong way. Up until two months ago I was a single mother of three. I moved on from a very bad marriage, but was absolutely miserable in my singleness. I can be alone - I'm good at it - but I hate it. Then I met a couple. I had never thought about poly-anything before (except what the nuns teach you), but I have always had a don't judge, to each his own kind of mind-frame. I normally do things the long way around and I'm very careful, but beyond my control I found myself and my children without a place to live. We moved in with this couple and I fell for the guy. He and his girlfriend have been poly-amorous for a while now and were looking for a "second primary". That's me.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:40 PM

Default Hi Butterfly!

Welcome - and I like the (Swedish) name :-)

- Tao Te Ching
Old 10-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings fjarilen,

Although I'm very late in saying it ... welcome to our forum. It sounds like your poly experience so far has been a pleasant one, and I'm glad to hear that.

This guy's girlfriend, do you just have a platonic relationship with her? If so, you're in what we usually call a "V" relationship ... the same configuration I'm in. If all three of you are romantically involved with each other, then it's a delta, triangle, or triad. (I know I know, too many labels )

Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.