Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 10:42 PM

I was thinking that this thread should probably be moved to life stories and blogs, I have a tendency to use it as a way to get my feelings out.
I talked to a friend of mine today for like an hour on the phone. He has gone thru something similar to what I have going on. His wife got in contact with her ex, and within three months(right about know for me) she moved out, because she wasn't "happy". This all sounds way to familiar. He had a friend of his go thru the same thing about six months ago( I see a pattern). It worked out for both guys in the end, the wives came back to them. Grass wasn't greener after all. So with this new info, I think that I'm gonna try to insist on meeting H and then sit back and wait. Not sure if the waiting part is the smartest choice, I have a serious lack of patience sometimes, but I have learned thru the years that once a woman makes up her mind she's gonna do what she wants, when she wants. I am trying to think of a way to bring up the subject without K getting defensive, small chance. I also have realized that I'm letting this thing with H hang over my head, as in, be extra good or else. Feels like an ultimatum. Never have been able to deal with ultimatums very well, I tend to do exactly the opposite of what is wanted. This has been a huge learning experience for me. I hope K has been learning too. I found some info about the poly life and printed a copy for K to read, she doesn't think she is poly. She could be right, but I know in my heart that she has feelings for H, whether she will admit it or not. Why else would she fight so hard to keep him and risk what she has here at home. Well theres my thoughts and feelings for today. Thank you all for reading and giving me ideas and insight, it has helped.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:40 AM

Talking

I think its time to change my name on this forum. With all of the advice and incite that I have received from all of you wonderful people, I have grown and learned. As such I am no longer dazed or lost. I have a direction and a purpose.
I am now focused on finding a happy ground with K and H. K has been very attentive for the last few weeks. I also have been keeping most of my thoughts to myself, she says she is tired of going thru the same thing with me, over and over again. I told her tuff! I will bring up my concerns and feelings anytime I feel like Im be pushed out or neglected.
After I talked to my friend "J" yesterday, I spent alot of time deep in my thoughts(sometimes its scary). I have decided that this weekend when K is off of work we will sit down(or I will tie her to the bed, just kiddin) and talk about her true feelings for H, good or bad. I know that there is more to her relationship than she is telling me. Perhaps she is doing this to "protect" me. I would much rather have the truth, no matter how much it might hurt. At least knowing the truth, I wouldnt wonder where I stand with K.
I think I will change my screen name to poly?quad. I dont think I'm poly, never know though, staying open minded here. I love to ride and race my quad. Nothing like the camaraderie and competition when racing thru the desert at break neck speeds.
So if anybody reads this, let me know what you think of the new handle. Also open to any suggestions. Thanks for reading and posting.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:24 AM

I only have one thing to say:

If you go with the screen name "poly?quad", you may get ppl thinking you are in a quad relationship. Just something to think about.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:02 PM

LOL! I'm not sure what a quad relationship is. Is that where all for are involved?
I'm not even sure if the relationship that I have with the wife and hers with the bf is truly a V.
I could go with my racing number.812, except you have to say each number separately as in ate one too. I have had that number for alot of years!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:38 PM

quad is just 4......2 couples...1 guy 3 girls...etc.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
quad is just 4......2 couples...1 guy 3 girls...etc.
Quads seem to be, more often than not, two couples coming together. Although it seems that often the men are not sexually involved, which I never understood as a true quad, as to me, all would be involved.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Quads seem to be, more often than not, two couples coming together. Although it seems that often the men are not sexually involved, which I never understood as a true quad, as to me, all would be involved.
Like a triad vs a V

if two couples got together and the guys werent involved...what would that be?...overlapping V...haha...

I think for simplicity I just say quad is 4. instead of the double triad idea.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:31 AM

????? Um....... I think that I'm more confused now than before! A quad relationship, in my opinion, would be, all involved with each other, mf,ff,mm,mfmf,mmf,ffm...............and it goes on and on and on. A triad would be three involved with each other. So if I change my screen name I don't think I will use poly?quad, to confusing.
I'm thinking.......................................... ............... hold on still thinking............this might take awhile............................................ .polywog! Actually that is a name I have heard that was used to describe tadpoles, baby frogs. The tadpole then changes, metamorphosis, into a frog. I think that I'm changing,with my situation being as it is, learning to accept my wife for who she truly is. Hhhhhmmmmm.......Now how do I change my screen name without losing everything that I have posted? Any suggestions?
Old 07-24-2010, 05:44 AM

Sorry, I really have no idea. I know people have done it.... I like polywog though
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 AM

Yes, I like polywog also. I think you have to e-mail a site admin.