Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 11:17 PM

Default looking for a lady

Hello everyone. We are a fun couple new to this lifestyle and are looking to add to our family. We have no idea where to go from here. If you have any ideas let me know please. We are in Kansas

Last edited by NeonKaos; 05-24-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 05-24-2010, 11:46 PM

It might help if you would share a bit about yourselves here.
A lot of people read these forums. My blog has had 1,174 hits and I just started it 2 months ago.
It's customary, when running a "looking for a parter" ad that you would tell about yourselves. There are people here with ages ranging from in their 20's to 60's. Without any info about you, who knows whether you are even in the same age group......Also- I've seen posts from USA, Canada and Europe on this forum. It might be a good idea to share where you are.
It would also be good for you to create a photo album here and you can set the security settings so that only "friends" can view it. That way, if someone expresses interest and the interest is mutual, you can become friends and the photos can be shared.
Maybe you could visit a dating sites like match.com to get a feel for the type of information people like to share when looking for a partner.
Good luck!!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:04 AM

Smile

good idea lol

I am from kansas in the USA. we are a married couple looking to add a live in partner to our family. We are somewhat new to this as we have discussed it for awhile. We are a fun loving out going family with 4 children who love camping hiking and anything outdoors. I am 26 year old... 5'7 brown hair fair/med tan ihave some "Extra" weight I am trying to lose from having two back to back pregnancies. My husband is 28 years old... 5'8 blonde hair blue eyes tan athletic build ( with a hint of a belly lol ). We currently reside in Texas but will be in Kansas in July which is why I posted we are from Kansas. We are looking for a partner that shares in our love of the outdoors and who will love our children as their own. We would like to have more children weather it be by myself or our partner. Also the age range we are looking for is 21-32 ( age really does not matter as long as the we connect with the person, we both must have a connection)

If you would like to know more or if i left something out let me know

edited to add .. we want DD&D FREE ! We have had enough drama in our lives and no longer wish to be a part of any of that. We need trust, faithfulness and respect for this to work for everyone.

Last edited by RU4US; 05-25-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:30 PM

OK some questions for you, in order to better understand your needs:

Must this person be only in a relationship with you? Would they be free to have other outside partners, if the right person came along?

You said that the person must have a "connection" with both - are they expected to have an intimate relationship with both of you (i.e. do they need to be bisexual) for this to work? or would a close friendship with the one and a romantic relationship with the other be fine?

You mentioned them living with you - how soon after meeting a person would you imagine this person moving in?

Must the person be female? You wrote "lady" in the title, but would the right guy fit the bill?

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 05-25-2010, 03:51 PM

I am bisexual but that is not a must. We want someone that we can both connect with on a emotional level doesnt have to be physical for the both of us. We prefer to only have a woman but if we found a man and he fit our family and life then we would be accepting of that as well. We want to get a friendship and dating realtionship before anyone moves in with us. We need to know it will be a solid realtionship and everyone loves eachother and it will last. However we do not want someone to have a realtionship with us and still be free to go outside of our relationship and be with others as well. We want something that is solid and only the three of us, which is why we want the dating period.. which cant be rushed and has no timeline... trust could be quick or could take awhile.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:43 PM

OK, thanks for those answers.

I really wish you luck, but I hope you know that the odds are stacked against you. What you are looking for is commonly known in poly circles as a Unicorn - usually as a reference to it being a mythical beast. I have known people that have searched long and hard for something like this and never found it.

One thing you might want to consider is relaxing your requirements a little - maybe not have the goals of a "live-in" or maybe possible to have a relationship with just the one of the pair. This would increase the size of available dates quite significantly. But I recognize that it might not also satisfy your bottom-line needs.

Good luck on your search.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 PM

Live in is not a must ( just wanted to clear that up ) Also we dont have ot have someone for the both of us ( as in the same person), I did mention this already.. we are very relaxed in what we are looking for...

Last edited by RU4US; 05-25-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Tags
kansas, unicorn hunting