Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 12:44 PM

Wink "Twin souls" and polyamory

First of all I am going to apologise by coming to this forum and as the first thing posting a link to my blog - but I need your opinions! I am a spiritual theorist and a blogger, and recently "came out" about being in a polygamous twin soul relationship, which is a contradiction of terms to say the least.

I posted a post about this type of soul bond, and I don't know how people are going to react to it. I know already that 'balance of the universe' is seen as male-female thing, that definitely cannot exist in male-male-male-female connection...

I would appreciate it if you'd chime in on the post before the traditionalists tear me down.

http://www.twinsoulrevelations.org/t...relationships/

Cheers,

Skye
Old 09-10-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
First of all I am going to apologise by coming to this forum and as the first thing posting a link to my blog - but I need your opinions! I am a spiritual theorist and a blogger, and recently "came out" about being in a polygamous twin soul relationship, which is a contradiction of terms to say the least. I posted a post about this type of soul bond, and I don't know how people are going to react to it. I know already that 'balance of the universe' is seen as male-female thing, that definitely cannot exist in male-male-male-female connection... I would appreciate it if you'd chime in on the post before the traditionalists tear me down. http://www.twinsoulrevelations.org/t...relationships/ Cheers, Skye
You gleefully told. On no other word
Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 PM

I'm sorry...I tried to read it twice but apparently, even though we both speak English, we don't share enough common background for me to understand what you are trying to say. I'm agnostic - the concept of "soul" in the first place is difficult for me to fathom, so to assign this difficult concept a lot of attributes and then speculate on their meaning is ... problematic. Toss reincarnation and telepathy into the mix and I am at a total loss.

I'll agree that the Universe maintains balance - but not because it "wants" to but because it can't help but follow it's own underlying structure, it has no volition in the matter. I would say "We all want to be what we ARE." (as opposed to what we were "created" to be) - know thyself. And if you find yourself being a person that you don't want to be - then you are not fully yourself yet because the "person you want to be" is part of who you are.

Sorry I can't help.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 09-11-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSkye View Post
I know already that 'balance of the universe' is seen as male-female thing, that definitely cannot exist in male-male-male-female connection...

I would appreciate it if you'd chime in on the post before the traditionalists tear me down.
Didn't go to the link, didn't read the post. I did read that though, and had to giggle. What on earth makes you think souls are simply male-female? Or that a shard of a soul can not find other splinters of itself? Or even that there are even just TWO souls meant to meet?

I would suggest more anthropology, sociology, and Theology studies before trying to expound on the mating of souls in this, or any, lifetime.

May your Gods guide you well.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSkye View Post
...I am a spiritual theorist and a blogger, and recently "came out" about being in a polygamous twin soul relationship, which is a contradiction of terms to say the least.
I "get it", though the Uni-verse is ever the unfolding Mystery.

"The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
they're in each other all along."

From Essential Rumi
by Coleman Barks

And as a previous posted just mentioned, "Know Thyself." =]

...thank you for sharing your blog.

~peace~
Old 09-11-2012, 01:45 PM

I did read over the blog quickly and not in much detail. I can't say that I fully understand your ideas. However, in the context of your ideas, I don't see why souls cannot connect to more than one soul at a time. There is a saying that pops up here frequently - love is infinite, but time is not. Souls are not limited except by their chosen embodied limits. And if that body, spirit, soul and mind want to connect with more than one, I don't see why souls should be limited to just one person for that depth of connection. I define souls, nebulously, as that part of us which survives the body, that moves on to something else. I could not tell you how or why this occurs - just that I believe it does. Telling an entity like a soul it is limited to deep connection to one other soul at a time seems rather rude and a telling lack of imagination.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
There is a saying that pops up here frequently - love is infinite, but time is not. Souls are not limited except by their chosen embodied limits. And if that body, spirit, soul and mind want to connect with more than one, I don't see why souls should be limited to just one person for that depth of connection. I define souls, nebulously, as that part of us which survives the body, that moves on to something else. Telling an entity like a soul it is limited to deep connection to one other soul at a time seems rather rude and a telling lack of imagination.
I whole-heartedly agree. =]

And to truly do us all justice, I believe we're all trying to find words for something indescribable. ~Love Without Limits~

To look at Life linearly, is to do Life (Us as a Whole) an injustice as well.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
And to truly do us all justice, I believe we're all trying to find words for something indescribable.
Yes, this.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:01 AM

I'm reminded of the yin/yang symbol. Dot of black in the white. Dot of white in the black. It means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

As a shaman, I think it's an entirely viable idea that there is a soul, and that it is possible to have "twin souls." They don't necessarily even have to be human souls. They don't necessarily even have to add up to the figure of only two. Sometimes, it is like a faceted jewel.

I wouldn't worry too much about what Traditionalists say. They are entitled to free speech and their own opinions, as are you. That doesn't mean you have to listen to them at all. The written word is also kind of inherently self-limiting when it comes to conveying certain concepts and the emotions behind them, to boot, in my opinion.

Know thyself was mentioned, and I would agree that it's a good way of communicating what is necessary for any individual. Sometimes brutal honesty is required. Some people lack the guts to do that, as well.

I tip my hat for you to coming out about yourself online. That takes courage, and a sense of acceptance of what you've discoverd about yourself. Good luck to you in the future with it. Keep walking down whatever path you feel is necessary for you - there's always bumps, ruts, maybe even boulders and wicked unexpected crooks in the path... that's life, though. Keep your chin up, and remember to take time to appreciate the occasional wild flower on the path too.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:39 PM

Hello!
I'm a believer of the soul mate/twin flame concept because I have met one, yet I am convinced it is not limited to one mate.

Imho, Souls are not inherently 'twined' with another soul (of opposite or same genders) but through a long series or incarnations, they develop karmic bonds with certain kindred souls, and if they meet one or two or three in the same lifetime/incarnation, they naturally attract each other and complete unfinished businesses/tasks collaboratively. The nature of their tasks can be varied ranging from romance, family, an advocacy, or even professional collaboration. However, being familiar with each other for several incarnations (through subconscious memories or soul rays or ashramic/lodge affiliations, or monadic lifewave batchmates), it is easy for them to form romantic relationships and be poly, without much drama.

Before I met my partner, we had several near-miss meetups or contacts ever since childhood through common friends. And up to now, we never run out of common deja vu experiences (inner and outer). The poly outlook is never an issue from the very start with us. That convinced me of the plausibility of the soul mate/twin soul/flames concept.