Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 03:04 AM

Yes i think he's poly.

But i can understand why a lot of people who live more 'normal' (aka less plastic ) poly lives would want to distance themselves from him.
Admittedly, i hadn't really thought of him when i thought of poly, because to me, poly is more about love than sex - and his set up seems more set up on sex than love. That said, i'm sure most of hollywood is set up around sex rather than love so he's certainly not unique there, just more flamboyant about it.

It wouldn't work for me - but that's because we have a bit of a matriarch thing going in our home, so the patriachal set up doesn't work for me [no one tell our boy though - he's covinced he's hugh ]
Old 09-08-2012, 03:15 AM

I think he's poly because I believe he does fall in love with some of his girlfriends, but he's open, too, so he can also have his recreational sex partners as well.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 AM

I have my doubts about the quantity of love (for people) involved in his relationships. I suspect love of money and/or fame has more to do with it.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:19 AM

I honestly have no idea. No tv, no radio, no info outside of who he is and what I have read here.

But, I agree that ppl wanting set uos which aren't for me doesn't make the setup not poly.

For example-Nycindie has a totally different set up than we do. But completely functional for her. Shrug.

I dont care who does what outside of my 'polyship'. Lol. Shared that term with my sister today (she's also poly). She liked it. So we are adding it to our working vocab!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:27 AM

Old Hugh really likes the harem model. I think he demands exclusivity to him. A ....one very old limp dick policy. Opp=Ovolpp. So in his case poly would be short for polygamy.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:34 PM

Thanks to most of you for your constructive input - looks like we are on the same page with this.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 09-08-2012, 06:04 PM

Default A Public Service Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
Nice to see your normal level of snide hostility, BoringGuy!
I thought this thread was a joke when I first saw it. If it weren't for your history here, I would have suspected trollery.

Here's the thing: when you post here, folks are going to react in all sorts of ways to what you offer up. Some of them will comment. Some of them will joke about it, which is OK if it doesn't completely jack the thread.

We simply require a basic level of civility on the part of posters and otherwise allow them to react how they will. We don't promise that you'll like everybody here or what they have to say or how they go about saying it.

So, if you post something that others think amusing or silly or some other form of Not Serious, it only follows that some of them may comment to that effect. That's part of public discourse. As long as they're not calling you names and the like, we won't have much issue with it (though we are likely to watch those threads more closely).

Note: I posted this as a reminder to everybody, actually, and just used this thread as a soapbox. Where I say "you," I'm referring to everybody.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:46 PM

Since poly seems to be an self identity thing I think you'd really have to ask him if he considers himself poly. Personally I wonder if he just does it to maintain an image. I don't know how emotionally involved he is with his girlfriends since it seems that they get to a certain age and they're out the door. Normally one doesn't break up with someone they love for getting older.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
I thought this thread was a joke when I first saw it. If it weren't for your history here, I would have suspected trollery.
I hope that you see now how it was a quite serious question that was raising a point how we, on this board, think about polyamory, especially the types that differ from the norm.

And I hope you noticed the smiley after my statement that you quoted...

It didn't surprise me that folks didn't take it seriously and made jokes about it.

If Hefner were to come on here as an alias and tlak about his situation, would he get respect or mocked mercilessly? I fear the latter.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 09-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Banned

Poor hugh hefner. Oppressed, marginalized, misunderstood AND rejected by the privileged community that is polyamory.com.

I'm getting verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.

Tags
den of girls, famous people, open relationships, opp