Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudade View Post
It's like they say on airplanes-- if there's an emergency, you put your own oxygen mask on first.
Beautiful! I'll have to remember that analogy!

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 05-20-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockmomma View Post
My son is pretty much the centre of my universe
Fair enough... but if your leg was caught in a train track and your son was asking for a chocolate bar, what would you do? Reach in to your pocket for the chocolate bar and hope the train doesn't come too soon, or tell him to hold on a minute because Mommy has something really important she has to do?

Obviously I'm making an extreme example of priorities, but you're faced with these kinds of decisions, to a lesser degree, every day. Even families where money is so tight they can't afford to properly feed everyone, the parents have to eat SOMETHING or else they die, and then what good does that do for the kids?

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 05-31-2010, 11:58 PM

I would want honesty... a brave person would be good. Someone willing to work with me and my primary. I would also like someone that is okay around animals. No pet allergies... lol. Someone that can handle their own feelings and mood swings... if they can't do it on their own then they need to be able to communicate we me/us. I'm still new to it all so I really can't say what other qualites I would like... the obvious of course. Health, smarts, humor, a clean person * I am not a maid... unless you buy me the costume * humm... and I would also like a person that loves to go on road trips. I'm a homebody and I don't go clubbing much but I love to hop in the car and see new places. Oh, and some sort of physical activity. I ride my bike and job w/ my dog. My guy surfs and runs... I want someone that loves being active but at the same time I want someone that can just chill out if that is what's on the agenda.

Tags
primary/secondary, secondary