Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 05:48 PM

Default Oklahoma?

Were a couple from Oklahoma and new to this. We would love to meet another couple who has been doing it just to get tips and what not, before we possibly mess everything up lol

We were also wondering how you were able to find people that were willing to try this type of relationship? We don't know many people and the ideal of asking a chick if she wants to date of both is kinda scary. So we have been sticking to craigslist . . . with very little results
Old 03-16-2011, 05:59 PM

I don't know if it would help to talk to a couple that has "dated" another guy, him being bisexual usually (not always), and sees a couple guys occasionally (just for sex most always). But I myself have had a poly relationship with a former wife and another girl. Then another girl. Though it wasn't a foregone conclusion, my wife became totally lesbian (she wasn't somebody who was sure and confortable about herself, so she could change her persona easily). In that case it was always a bisexual woman we already knew. Having a prerequisite friendship already long in place was almost a not negotiable rule for women. We never got even near dating a woman we didnt already know. Guys are so much simpler, if less personable. Anonymous sex is so OK with so many, but they can't understand how having a relationship is possible and more desirable, and better sexually. A few guys keep coming around, but still want to remain distant. It is so hard to find that happy medium with people. If only people would be open to thinking in new ways, better able to discard preset attitudes. I'm expecting too much from people - usually a very disappointing expectation.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:22 AM

Bumping for you. We're in the EXACT same boat! And craigslist is scary!

Currently exploring Poly together, our latest adventure.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:16 AM

I hope you can find what you are looking for. It is rough doing this in Oklahoma.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:23 PM

Default hey

What part of Oklahoma are y'all from
Old 06-07-2012, 06:59 PM

We are from the Pryor area.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:16 PM

Tulsa here and yeah this area has a lot of swingers but no real cohesive poly community that I have found so far, which is frustrating. That and the general culture here is not favorable to non monagamy in general.

If we had enough people we could actually set up a meet and greet of some kind but us poly types in the NE Oklahoma area seem few and far between. On another thread that I posted in earlier OkCupid was suggested. I signed up this week and am giving it a try. It does seem poly friendly. Look me up and say hi I'm polyfromtulsa
Old 09-05-2012, 08:45 PM

We are in the Moore area.
I agree craigslist is pretty scary haha