Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 05:38 PM

some terms i'd like to be used more.

Multi-amorous(adjective) - defined by the practice of having multiple open relationships, similar to polyamory, but without any pre-defined topological structure in those relationships. Multi-amorous people or couples would typically be seen having multiple romantic partners by preference, with all parties either involved or consenting to the other relationships. In reference to polyamory, both have to same amount of openness and consent involved; as opposed to Infidelity in some relationships; but the multi-amorous dynamic does have to include all the types of romantic love and symmetry you would see in a polyamorous relationship, but could lead to such dynamics if they were possible.
Or something like that...make a wiki!!(it's openly editable, lulz)

i'll think of more while i'm at work
Old 05-27-2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcrazy View Post
some terms i'd like to be used more.

Multi-amorous(adjective) - defined by the practice of having multiple open relationships, similar to polyamory, but without any pre-defined topological structure in those relationships. Multi-amorous people or couples would typically be seen having multiple romantic partners by preference, with all parties either involved or consenting to the other relationships. In reference to polyamory, both have to same amount of openness and consent involved; as opposed to Infidelity in some relationships; but the multi-amorous dynamic does have to include all the types of romantic love and symmetry you would see in a polyamorous relationship, but could lead to such dynamics if they were possible.
Or something like that...make a wiki!!(it's openly editable, lulz)

i'll think of more while i'm at work
I don't think I understand the difference between multiamory as you describe it, and polyamory as we generally think of it.

Specifically, to what "pre-defined topological structure" are you referring? As I understand it, there is no "set way" to do polyamory. The only distinguishing figure is having multiple romantic relationships.

However, "mutiamorous" is good in that it doesn't mix greek and latin roots

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."