Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 07:58 PM

Default perfect match, yet I have no attraction.

so here's the deal, the girlfriend and I have been working on being poly/open for a while now. We're not quite there yet, but we're on our way. No, that's not the dilema.

about a month ago we got a couple roommates who are amazing! We both love them very much. We could not have asked for better roomies. They are a couple, both of whom are quite attractive. We made an agreement before they moved in, roommates will be off limits.

now, this is the point where you're expecting me to say one of us is falling for one of them or visa versa..... No, believe it or not. The issue is this: the girl we'll call her K, and I are a perfect match, she even likes and dislikes every food I do (just as an example). We theoretically should be all over each other, but I find myself having no feelings for her other than purely platonic. Has anyone else experienced this? Because it is new to me. Obviously it's not bad, but it's well, perplexing.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:14 PM

Damn pheromones! I've met several folks who I like, have lots in common with, are attractive sorts and yet, nada. No sexual or romantic chemistry at all. It happens. Sometimes there is no rational reason.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:40 PM

yeah, I guess, haha. It's just something I have never delt with, and was wondering if anyone else had.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:51 AM

Yeah, I've had that happen. I've also been in the position of extreme desire for a lady who apparently had no interest despite the strong match.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:15 AM

Perhaps the lack of differences explains the lack of attraction? o.o
I dunno. Sounds like great friend material to me, though.