Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
So, just made the call to get set up with a therapist. That should not have been as difficult as it was... WTF am I nervous about?
It's actually REALLY common for people to be nervous about talking to somebody about issues they may have been pushing away for most of their lives. The fact that you are making the call anyway and going says a lot-- many people can never make that step, or really open up in therapy (eventually) and get the most out of it.

My hubs has been knowing he needs to go and procrastinating for several years. Things that came up recently for him just showed him how important it was for him to finally make that step.

Be gentle with yourself. Take some time to build repoire and trust with your counselor. And always remember if the first counselor you see doesn't click with you-- find another one!

And be gentle with yourself. Take your time. It's a process, not a race.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:35 AM

It's a new path babe. Like we said there are some things you aren't sure you want to let go of that you may need to in order to move forward. Plus opening up to a stranger can be really scary. Though for me I preferred it. They new nothing about me. Had no reason to judg me. I could just put it all out there and learn how to process it.

Having a movie/ufc night with Karma. Then tomorrow I think he's going to see his friend ( KARMA NICKNAME DAMN IT). Still working out logistics like time frames and making plans and all that but so far things are good.

She's still not sure about meeting me. Apparently b/c she doesn't know how to be around me? Doesn't want it to be wierd? I dunno. I don't even know if I want to meet her. As much as I always wanted the happy little family, I think it may be good to give it space for awhile.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:56 AM

You know... I'm starting to think that meeting will or won't happen in it's own time. Trying to make it so, doesn't always work well.

And honestly... I often don't see quite what hubs sees in the girls he dates. Which is FINE, it doesn't matter, he sees something and that's what's important. But not a one would be somebody I'd choose to hang out with on my own. So why force that? I can be cordial and welcoming, and I can respect his choices. I'm thinking that's the most important thing.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:49 AM

So, things I never thought would ever happen in my life:

I have issues with condoms - let's just say that they don't fit and leave it at that. So my wife just took me to Wal-Mart to assist in selecting more.... appropriately sized condoms, because I'm seeing my non-girlfriend tomorrow and she wanted to make sure I was prepared
Old 07-30-2011, 11:20 AM

In a mood. Can't really pin point why. I think it has something to do with the non g/f but not sure what. And I hate when I can't figure out why I feel a certain way.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:00 PM

"non-girlfriend"...Thats humorous. But heaven help you if she ever finds out about this board, and the last post Karma. LOL

Karma, on the issue of condoms; Trojan Magnum XXL's work well. I use the Magnum thins, which are a bit larger than other "regular condoms, but still not as large as the XXL's. Candy's last bf had to use the XXL's, and even THOSE were a tough fit.

This is all so facinating to me. You two are so much like Cotton Candy and myself it's not even funny. We are learning for you though. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:27 PM

Just got off the phone with my mom. My niece is hanging out there for a few hours and I got to talk to her. It's always bittersweet. I love getting to hear her voice, but then I cry because I am missing so much of her life. She hasnt figured the phone out yet. She speaks perfectly clear, but whispers in the phone. I got a "hi" and was informed she was hungry and eating grits, and then was quickly handed back to grandma.

Still in a mood and am too damn tired to figure it out. Barely slept and when I did finaly fall asleep the damn neighbors started blaring music and fighting.

Difficult to clear your head when it's too tired to think.

I'm nit picking. Finding things to be upset over. Only looking for negative outcomes. I was mad b/c Karma didn't take the movie back this morning, I didn't ask him to, so why am I mad about it? He's not a damn mind reader.

TL-I guess I'll find out if I was right or not when he gets home. I won't say anymore, he got upset with me for discussing his penis size in walmart. I totaly don't get it, the man can buy tampons and learn all about female parts but doesn't want to...what...make other men feel bad?
Old 07-30-2011, 11:55 PM

LOL @ "make other men feel bad". hehe. I don't really have a problem with it. I even went so far as to slip a package of condoms into an old couples cart at Walmart once. You should have seen her face when she was putting things up on the belt. LOL Priceless!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:47 AM

Mo, I hate it when I have a wierd mood/feeling and can't figure it out either. Lately I've been trying to just BE in the mood, and feel it and let it pass. Many times there's no reason, and many times the reason will come to me at a later date (sometimes when I get more info that puts the puzzle pieces in place). Sometimes I'm just moody.

I usually feel a little out of sorts until I figure it out though.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:02 AM

Magnum extra sensitive FTW

Tags
cheating, compulsive lying, deception, forgiveness