Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
TY Karma. I hope it helps. I also hope that she takes on a student. If she loves dancing HALF as much as I love martial arts, she'll be an AWESOME instructor.
Ya know, for years I have thought of it off and on. Several people have suggested it and I brushed them off. Maybe it has more to do with the culture of dance than anything else, but I always thought-who's going to want their kid taught by an overweight woman who can't physicaly do the moves anymore due to illness?

But after reading what you just wrote, I started thinking on some of my old instructors and one of my favorites as a kid was overweight, and had a bad back. She used us to show what she was saying. She'd do the simple moves with us, and the ones she couldn't do, she'd pull one of us to the front and position us the way we need to be to show the rest of the class what she meant.

My big dream was to choreograph on broadway. That will never happen, I've moved on to fulfilling other dreams, and I'm okay with it. I think that culture though, has influenced much of my thoughts. I was thinking that I could/would only teach on a professional/competition level. But there is nothing saying I can't take on a kid who just wants to dance. They don't need to have the big ambitions I had to have a love and appreciation for the art of movement.

Thanks TL, definitaly something to think on and look into.

Must be the theme for the day. Trying new things or looking at something in a new way. I've got a pretty good collection of recipes that work. When I want to experement with a flavor I have my go to base recipes and just adapt them. So I am moving on to candy making. Karma bought me a marble slab for Christmas and I haven't touched it. Mostly because I didn't have any inspiration. But now I am suddenly flooded with ideas. So I am looking forward to heading to the store and getting some things to experiment with. I'm thinking bacon caramels, PB&J marshmallows, hot pepper suckers...among a ton of other things. I also found a new fondant recipe, that claims to have the malibility of fondant but flavor of buttercream.

Looks like Karma is going to have plenty of sugar to keep him going as he puts in time on the bass.

My goal is to put together a basket for my sis in law, brother and niece. We'll be missing Easter, but I always bring them a basket when we come home at the end of the semester.

We aren't getting my niece a belated b-day gift though. Karma and I are going to take her for a day and since she loves "Shopin shopin" we're gonna take her out to pick out her gift. I had an aunt who did that every year a little after my birthday. It became tradition to spend the weekend at her house and go to Chuck E Cheese, Disney on Ice and then the toy store. She waited a bit after my b-day to go, so that it was our special time and not over whelming with other b-day activities. She was pretty smart in doing that because it is one of my fondest childhood memories. I'm really enjoying creating our own traditions with our niece.

Okay enough babling and procrastinating. Back to homework. Anyone want to write a report about 50 different beers and after dinner drinks? I've done all the research

Last edited by Mohegan; 04-17-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
I also found a new fondant recipe, that claims to have the malibility of fondant but flavor of buttercream.
OOOOH if it works, do share. I haven't played much with fondant, mostly because I know I can make buttercream work and won't have to start all over.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:53 AM

Ugh... the drama never ends.

J has been going around and calling everyone he knows that knows me, and either trying to dig up information about my past or just straight up spread lies about me. So far everyone he's talked to has warned me about it, but still.... WTF is his problem? Are we still 16 and in high school? To top it off, I came home from a day of good practice and a night of drinking and teaching a girl the basics of bass to find a message telling me that he's making threats towards me concerning the campout event this weekend.

I really wish this child would just go away.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Ugh... the drama never ends.

J has been going around and calling everyone he knows that knows me, and either trying to dig up information about my past or just straight up spread lies about me. So far everyone he's talked to has warned me about it, but still.... WTF is his problem? Are we still 16 and in high school? To top it off, I came home from a day of good practice and a night of drinking and teaching a girl the basics of bass to find a message telling me that he's making threats towards me concerning the campout event this weekend.

I really wish this child would just go away.
Ugh, Karma, that sucks. I wonder if it's time to bring in some outside help.... I don't know if it would make the situation worse, but a few years ago my youngest sister had an ex that wouldn't stop calling. She had her phone shut off, so he called my parents and made threats. My dad called the police and he was not so gently reminded that there are laws against harassment and defamation of character.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:56 AM

I think Mohegan has crossed some kind of threshold into culinary divinity or something.... Jalapenos wrapped in bacon covered in chocolate... beer and honey hard candy... jalapeno and honey hard candy... chocolate and caramel covered bacon... There's more, but I've lost track of all the amazingness.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
I think Mohegan has crossed some kind of threshold into culinary divinity or something.... Jalapenos wrapped in bacon covered in chocolate... beer and honey hard candy... jalapeno and honey hard candy... chocolate and caramel covered bacon... There's more, but I've lost track of all the amazingness.
LOL! Jalapeno wrapped in bacon would have 2rings salivating, choc/carmel covered bacon would get Hubs!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:46 AM

They're all going back to the drawing board. I think I need a new thermometer. I don't think I got the sugar to a high enough temp. Karma hasn't tried them yet so no idea how good they are. I don't like beer, and I don't do spicy food soooo, that leaves him.

Karma, as far as J is concerned. He's showing the world what he is made of. He is showing his sick obsessive nature. He's showing his inability to let go of things. This is part of who he is as a person. Part of his entire being. It's this nature that caused him to threaten anyone who touched Cricket, even though they were not together. Even though his obsessive personality is part of what turned her away.

He lies, he manipulates and he obsesses. It's who he is.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
He lies, he manipulates and he obsesses. It's who he is.
And yet you still find qualities about him to love. Can you please post up some of those too?

When I was in martial arts (and training every f-ing day) my sensei would have us point out one thing another student was doing wrong.....but we would also have to point out TWO things they were doing RIGHT.

Can you two please sit down sometime and do this with each other? WITHOUT getting mad at each other. Try it, you'll like it.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
And yet you still find qualities about him to love. Can you please post up some of those too?

When I was in martial arts (and training every f-ing day) my sensei would have us point out one thing another student was doing wrong.....but we would also have to point out TWO things they were doing RIGHT.

Can you two please sit down sometime and do this with each other? WITHOUT getting mad at each other. Try it, you'll like it.
I think she was talking to Karma about J. Right?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningglory629 View Post
I think she was talking to Karma about J. Right?
That was my impression too.

Tags
cheating, compulsive lying, deception, forgiveness