Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 09:31 AM

On Jan 13 2006 I pledged to love a man I didn't completely know. But how many of us do? I thought marriage would be the bond that kept him from cheating again. It was his idea to move the wedding date up. He did propose, I thought we'd never get married.

Last year on Jan 13th, according to my journal, we went to eat with my in laws, came home, got in a fight and went to bed, we'd also had our divorce talk a few weeks prior (where we decided to give it a year and decide if we would stay married) and would have another the night of my birthday party that march.

This year on Jan 13th, I will celebrate 5 years of being the luckiest woman alive. I say I didn't completely know Karma on our wedding day because he didn't completely know Karma. Over the last five years we've grown a lot. As individuals and as a couple. We've discussed divorce a few times. Two of which I had already contacted my lawyer. At this time last year, I had no idea how to save my marriage. Because I didn't know what was wrong.

I knew something was wrong. Had known it for quite some time. I had all kinds of theories. We had all kinds of talks. They never seemed to resolve anything.

Little did I know as I cried myself to sleep on my 4th wedding anniversary, what the next year held.

After finding out about Cricket, and everyone else my husband had slept with, we had a marathon talk. I wanted all of it. And I got it. A lot of it hurt. But it was the truth. And that night, I started to get to know my husband again.

We've become a partnership again. So much so that we are now losing friends who don't know how to handle the dynamic of us being what we were when we first started dating.

We've started exploring our sexual relationship again. I finaly trust him to push me past boundries I set up long before I knew him, some I didn't even know I had.

We're both working on demons from our past. Working together to reach our goals, become better people.

Looking back I'm amazed we're still married. I don't honestly know how either of us put up with the other. But something held us together.

And I am so glad it did.

Still trying to figure out how to make our day special. We can't afford much. We have gift cards for dinner and a movie. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Cuz he deserves something special. I'm a pretty lucky girl.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:29 AM

Wow Mo....Very nice! My wife and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary on Jan 16th.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:46 PM

Congrats! Wolf and I hit our 10 year anniversary on October 20, 2010. Keep putting in the hard work and you'll keep seeing the reward.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:57 PM

So happy for you two!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:26 AM

That is beautiful, Mo. You guys got married on my birthday! I am glad that you two have held on even through times that seemed to be really foggy. I'm sure your day will be special no matter what since your partnership is renewed and you are entering another year of growing, learning, and creating a multitude of memories.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:47 AM

I'm in such a mood today and I can't pinpoint why.

There are a lot of little irritants going on at the moment so maybe they are just all hitting at once. I dunno.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:38 AM

Just got an entertaining bit of news. Apparently the guy our Darkon country voted in, the reason I quit. Had now decided that people aren't listening to him so he's gonna quit again

I hope they got what they wanted out of all of this.

I'm still in a crappy mood. I have some idea of where it is coming from. But Karma came home from seeing Cricket( which I thought was some alone time for them and turned out to be with a bunch of people) in a mood as well so tonight may not be the best time to discuss it. He spent all of 3 minutes in the bedroom saying hi to me and is now playing video games and screwing off with our room mate.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:04 PM

I think one of the hardest things I have ever done is respect his wishes to not get involved. But it is so hard to stand aside and watch him hurt.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:00 PM

Wrong thread. Sorry Mo.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 PM

Must stay supportive, going balistic won't solve anything, this has been proven, time to take the anger and send it somewhere else. Just gotta figure out how to do that.

Tags
cheating, compulsive lying, deception, forgiveness