Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 01:58 AM

Karma is wasting time. He's supposed to be going over to Panda's to help her move some furniture outside so it can go to the dump.

I think it's 1. He doesn't want her to move, so he doesn't want to help her. 2. His shoulder hurts so he doesn't want to do anything. 3. He doesn't like the moving of furniture for any reason.

Regardless, he's procrastinating by watching wrestling with me. Good times.

He was successful in the grocery shopping. I guess I should of had some more faith in him.

Looking forward to spending some more time getting to know Cricket this weekend. I think, for the moment, it'll be good to have Karma around. We'll see how we do and go from there. Maybe she and I will be comfortable in spending time alone together at some point.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:08 AM

LOL What a night!!

Spent the night IMing with Cricket. Good times of getting to know eachother better and breaking Karma's head.

It's been said on here plenty of times, I am a all or nothing kinda person. If I dislike you, I dislike you and move on. If I do like you, well then lets all make plans and be happy.

So going with my post about 2 houses and one common area, I asked Cricket about what she saw in the future. she understandably, didn't know.

She's young and has a lot ahead of her, totaly get that.

So I told her how when all this first came up, Karma and I had a talk where I asked what he wanted. If he could paint his ideal situation, what would it look like.

He said he wanted to come home after changing the world, and find his Shaman and his Fairie waiting for him in the home they made.

So when I brought that up, she said she'd like that, but was nervous about living with a woman.

LOL. I don't do room-mates. Well known fact. I'll kill someone.

But when watching sister wives I was reminded of a friends house. It had a seperate house attached to the main house for her grandma. I always liked that.

They have something similar on sister wives.

So I brought up the idea of two homes, connected with common areas. I think it could work. We both like the idea. One day. In the far future .

I'm giddy not crazy.

We also discussed saving up for a trip to Canada, as well as a trip for her to meet the Ohio crew.

I really hope things keep moving forward. I really like where we're headed. It just takes us being real with eachother.

so yeah, broke Karma's head when I told him about that convo.

Cricket and I covered a lot of bases tonight. I'm feeling good about this weekend and the future.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:20 AM

Sounds great Mo! Here's to good times, your "tone" sounds great! Thrilled your working things through.

L
Old 10-03-2010, 02:29 AM

Bad night, misunderstandings led to a panic attack and not much sleep. It got worked out, but been off all day. J/A and D had drama at faire. Bunch of adults acting like two year olds.

Cricket and I got a long with no issues though. I didn't have any pangs of anything. Other than when we walked in J/A had his arm around her. I was a little pissed about that one. You dumped her and now you wanna be all snuggly? But, I decided it wasn't my place, and just because I am not like that with others, doesn't mean she can't be. Karma didn't seem to care, so I let it go and moved on.

They are all at her place for a fire tonight. As much as I love a good fire, I don't like the company and am not in the mind set to deal with J/A all night. So here I am waiting for a migraine to go away so I can get some sleep.

Faire again tomorrow, then movie night with Karma and Cricket.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:56 AM

I've realized that at almost 30, Karma has absolutely NO ability at telling time.

I no longer believe it is lazyness, absent mindedness, oblivion, or distraction.

He just doesn't know what the little numbers on the clock mean.

That really is the only thing that makes sense.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
I've realized that at almost 30, Karma has absolutely NO ability at telling time.

I no longer believe it is lazyness, absent mindedness, oblivion, or distraction.

He just doesn't know what the little numbers on the clock mean.

That really is the only thing that makes sense.
It's not my fault!!!! The fire didn't want to die, so I had to kill it with the hose.... a lot.

Besides, the damn thing BIT me!!! (Holds up his burnt finger) See?!

In all honesty, Cricket's family is so damn funny when they're drunk that I totally lost track of time, and THEN the fire refused to die.... and then it bit me...

EDIT: But I did have a damn fine time. Her mom drank my saki with me, and her dad sampled his new beer with me, and her grandma just made fun of me

Last edited by Karma; 10-03-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:54 AM

God night of movies and snoogles.

Karma's brothers g/f lost their baby last night. We are moving our trip home up by a weekend and heading out this week sometime. It's a better weekend for my parents anyway, so I guess it'll work itself out.

I feel terrible for them, He wasn't too excited to be a dad, more scared then anything, but, now he has the loss to deal with just as he was coming to terms with it.

Bunch of running around and last minute plans to attend to, and possibly a stop off, on the way.

Looking forward to going home, yet not.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Her mom drank my saki with me, )
The last time I drank saki was on a Japanese warship in Tokyo. I was on autopilot for about three hours after saying good-bye to the Japanese Admiral and apparently made a pretty good dance partner later in the evening(although I don't remember).

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-05-2010, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
The last time I drank saki was on a Japanese warship in Tokyo. I was on autopilot for about three hours after saying good-bye to the Japanese Admiral and apparently made a pretty good dance partner later in the evening(although I don't remember).
The last time I drank saki was at a Japanese restaurant in Belfast, N. Ireland circa 1991 at my brother in law's 35 birthday party..."I'm Too Sexy" was playing in the background- hubs was singing it and dancing badly in the foreground. LMAO thinking about that night. A good time was had by all.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:18 AM

MG-Wow you remember that? Amazing!!

So wow, just wow for today.

Got up and realized the bank was already closed so the check I need to cash has to wait until tomorrow.

Then realized I had a TON of homework I forgot about.

Then found out that the question I posted for my online math class was deleted by the prof b/c someone posted at the same time I did, so I didn't follow directions, BITCH.

So got all my computer homework done, went to take a test and found out the code the school sold me only covers assignments, not exams on the website they use. Tech support got me a new code and all was well.

Went back to the math homework, got the first part done and then had an anxiety attack b/c I have to pass this class and the second half of the homework had to deal with what I don't understand and had posted the question for that she deleted.

Have a math whiz for a friend who helped me through it, got it figured out, anxiety gone and was giddily looking for ideas on decorating cupcakes to look like pumpkins for said math whiz's daughters first b-day.

And my brother calls, spent 20 min on the phone with him and sis in law.

He's my barometer for the rest of the fam. So I asked what he thought of us bringing Cricket home sometime next year, so we say what she is to us, or do we leave it at "friend" as it was with Panda.

Bro was calling in response to that question. They invited Karma and I over for dinner while we're home so they could ask questions and as SIL put it
" Not be stupid and make a decision without facts". They were all worried we'd be upset, but I think it's awesome.

Karma and I have been together 8 yrs, there was a time when he was a close member of the family, and then not so much, and then back and then not so much again. Usualy the yo yo followed an infedility or some other mistake.

The last yr or so, he made a lot of mistakes and not just with women. My parents were really hurt and have had a hard time getting trust back for him. My brother and SIL tend to do the whatever my parents say, even though they don't agee.

So Karma, though wanting to make up for his mistakes, has been pushed aside and not included in the family as much. And he doesn't know how to make it up to them.

Bro and SIL have decided to make their own decision and want to at least bring the four of us back together as siblings. So we are having dinner and talks. They want to understand, and make some preliminary decisions on how to handle things with my niece.

In my opinion, it's easier for a kid to understand if they grow up in it, but I'll leave it for them to decide how we'll aproach it. My niece is such a part of my life I don't want to not share that with Cricket, but I can understand their concerns as parents.

So I guess we'll just have to see what their questions and concerns are and go from there.

Nervous but excited all the same.

Last edited by Mohegan; 10-05-2010 at 04:40 AM.

Tags
cheating, compulsive lying, deception, forgiveness