Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 06:37 PM

Default Couple in GA looking for friendship, possibly more

Hi all, we just joined the forum. We've been poly minded for quite some time now. We've been looking for like minded people to be friends with. Our experience around here has been less than good, most seem to be either swingers or not comfortable with the idea of poly. We'd love to just chat and meet people and see where it goes. If nothing else, we've made new friends.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:30 AM

Hello, fellow Atlanta dwellers!

My wife and I have been poly for about a year and a half, each exploring other relationships independently.

How long is "quite some time"? And should I gather that "poly-minded" is sort of like "poly-in-principle" (but not so much in practice)?

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

"Mystical explanations are considered deep. The truth is that they are not even superficial." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 08-22-2012, 12:24 PM

We're not too far north of atlanta. We've been poly for a few years, and it can be difficult to find people who match well in the specific way they view poly as well as in just general attraction.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:42 PM

Guess I wasen't clear on the "poly-minded" part. We are poly, just haven't found a person/persons we get along well with. We have a low tolerance for drama. We played a little in the swinger scene, it was fun but we want an actual relationship(s). Not to mention how difficult to explain our outlook on this to people not familiar with poly (which seems to be just about everyone).