Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 03-20-2013, 06:51 PM

Cool TMI and kinda graphic...you've been warned...

Spent some time with Moonlight last night, and would just like to inform you all that a zerbert (some people call it a raspberry) to the clit can levitate a girl right off the bed!

Mmmmm.....

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy), and his 9-year-old son Kiddo
Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 PM

Busy busy week for me!

We finally went and got our chickens last night! I'm in love. Fly is kind of irritated with me, because we know that when they get older and stop laying, we'll probably eat them. With this in mind, we agreed to name them things like "Drumstick," "Noodle," or "Fricassee." However, now that I've looked them in their beady little eyes, I can't call them those names for the next couple years! I'll have no problem eating them (I grew up with a farming uncle - we always knew Bluebell the cow was gonna be on the barbeque someday), but I can't call them those weird names for the next couple years. I've already got Buffy, Dahlia, and Miss Ameracauna.

Tomorrow is my first hangout with Punk after Moonlight and I renegotiated boundaries. I'm really excited! Sex may or may not happen, but I love that I get to cuddle and kiss and be happily snuggled up with no guilt or inhibitions. I've missed him.

Friday night I get to spend with Moonlight, and that will be wonderful too. Things are so much less strained between us these days, and the pressure I've felt has really let up. I'm looking forward to laughing with her and loving her.

I leave you with a photo of some of my new friends:

- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy), and his 9-year-old son Kiddo
Old 04-01-2013, 06:17 PM

Talking All you need is love...doo do do do doooooo

Such a lovely, lovely weekend.

Thursday night, I went over to Punk's house to hang out for a few hours. We spent a lot of time talking and cuddling, which was absolutely wonderful. He's been having a rough time with his own poly life, his partners and his wife. I feel bad for him - I've always felt that she's extremely controlling and self-centered. He's certainly not perfect, but he's got a bit of a tough row to hoe. We did some making out, and some sexy things, but didn't go as far as we used to. Surprisingly, I was ok with that. I'm still highly attracted to him, but really I just enjoy being around him, whether we're having sexy times or not. I'm hoping to drag him out to a movie sometime soon, but he'll be traveling for work a lot in the next several weeks, so we'll see.

Friday night I spent with Moonlight, and I felt fine and frisky and super cute. Ever since I've been dating Moonlight, my girly quotient has gone through the roof, and I've become obsessed with little feminine dresses and that kind of thing. It's a little strange feeling, but I'm enjoying it.

She hit a nerve while we were out at dinner, joking about me moving in with her. This is one of the ways she frustrates me, because I know she'd rather have me be with just her, and I don't know what to say when she makes these jokes. I cried, and we ended up having (another!) long talk. I guess when we'd talked before, I hadn't been specific enough about the behaviors that bother me. She thought I realized she was just joking. I do know that, but there's enough truth behind it that I get both guilty and defensive. She's going to try to joke less, and I'm going to try to chill out and not be so sensitive. After our chat, we had a lovely snuggle and spent the night sleeping with our arms around each other.

My family celebrated Easter on Saturday, and I got to see all five of my great nieces and nephews! Oh, and the rest of my family too. I was in baby heaven!

Sunday was the best day of all. Neither Fly nor I had any obligations, and Moonlight didn't have anything until late afternoon. It was warm and sunny and beautiful, and Fly and I ate breakfast out on the deck, watching the chickens. After a while he went to hang out with some friends to play his sport, and Moonlight came over to meet the chickens and spend time with me. We hung out in the backyard for a while, me in another short dress, sitting on the picnic table with my legs wrapped around her while we kissed with the sunshine streaming over us and the neighbor's dog watching us suspiciously.

The glorious make-out session was followed by a ramble around the farmers' market and then a trip to the nursery for new plants (I got 5 kinds of mint, 2 lavender plants, 2 kinds of sage, a lemon grass, and some other stuff that i really didn't need!), after which we returned to my house to drink mimosas with Fly. I love love love having lovers who are friends with each other! Even when they sit and chat about boring stuff like stocks and whatever.

After Moonlight left, I drove our new-to-us pickup, with her stick shift and lack of power steering, back to the nursery for a half-yard of soil so I could plant everything I bought, as well as my columnar apple trees that arrived in the mail on Saturday. I puttered around in the sun until Fly got home, and then we barbequed dinner together, just the two of us.

It's hard to wrap my head around my life right now. It's so incredible to have all these people who love me, the best kiddo ever (he was at his mom's all weekend), my little urban farm beginning to come together, and a job I love to go to every morning. On one hand, all this stuff is totally normal and real, but when I stop to reflect on my blessings, for lack of a better word, I'm utterly dazzled.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:08 AM

^^ Your chickens are beautiful!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyGrlJenny View Post
It's hard to wrap my head around my life right now. It's so incredible to have all these people who love me, the best kiddo ever (he was at his mom's all weekend), my little urban farm beginning to come together, and a job I love to go to every morning. On one hand, all this stuff is totally normal and real, but when I stop to reflect on my blessings, for lack of a better word, I'm utterly dazzled.
What a great place to be in life!

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 AM

Hey, just read through your blog and glad I did! What a lovely story so far, and purdy chickens. Also - mimosas! So good.

Am looking forward to hearing how things continue for all of you.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
^^ Your chickens are beautiful!
Aren't they? I never realized chickens could be so lovely! I'm such a nerd, I go out to the coop and sing to them, and they peep back at me. I'm so in love with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneQSmythe View Post
What a great place to be in life!

JaneQ
It really is! I sort of don't know what to do with myself with all this bliss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuchka View Post
Hey, just read through your blog and glad I did! What a lovely story so far, and purdy chickens. Also - mimosas! So good.

Am looking forward to hearing how things continue for all of you.
Aw, thanks!

Old 04-03-2013, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyGrlJenny View Post
I never realized chickens could be so lovely! I'm such a nerd, I go out to the coop and sing to them, and they peep back at me. I'm so in love with them!
A friend of mine is always posting pics of her hens on Facebook. I always knew there were many breeds, but it's really cool for this city chick to learn about them from her perspective. She tells little stories that show how much "personality" and quirky habits they can have.

And her cows! Oh, they are beautiful, too.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 04-23-2013, 07:14 PM

Things are going okay these days. Fly and I are having a bit of a rough time, but that seems to cycle through our relationship every couple years, so I'm just holding on and hoping to get through it again. It makes me sad, though, because I feel a little lonely and lost, and it's bleeding into my relationship with Moonlight. In particular, my usually raging libido is almost nil, and that's difficult for her to deal with. Hell, it's difficult for me to deal with, too. I just don't feel like myself, and it's gotten me really discombobulated. Additionally, I've been in an allergy fog for days, which doesn't help matters.

I love him, and we fit together so well in so many ways, but there are some elements (one large one is our "love languages;" neither of us easily show love the way the other needs it shown) that clash and cause sad feelings for me and frustration for him. I'm sure we'll work stuff out, but in the meantime I'm not in the greatest headspace/heartspace.

I took Friday off from work, and Moonlight and I are headed to eastern Washington Thursday night for a long weekend. The weather is supposed to be lovely, I'm looking forward to some heat and sunshine. For the most part, I love our rainy Seattle weather, but this time of year I get a little antsy. Must be a vitamin D deficiency. I'm excited, but also apprehensive. I know she's going to want lots of jungle monkey sex, because she's told me so. I just don't know if I'm up to it. The idea exhausts me. I'm going to do my best to rally, because she's been so loving and patient, but we're both going to have to compromise. And perhaps being away from Fly and work stress with no worries for an entire weekend will be just the thing I need.

I spent a great deal of time in my yard this last weekend, communing with the chickens and planting strawberries and herbs. I've got two big garbage cans that I need Fly to drill holes into so I can plant some seed potatoes in them. Sunshine, chickens, gardening are all that's keeping me sane at the moment.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:50 PM

Hidey ho, beautiful people.

Just to get the most important news out first - our chickens laid their first egg! We don't know who the culprit was, Tildy or Buffy, but it was small and brown and beautiful and delicious.

The last weekend in April I spend 4 days with Moonlight near Lake Chelan in Eastern Washington. It was a fantastic weekend, the weather was sunny and hot, the apple orchards were all blossoming, and the wineries were all having free tastings. We drank a lot of wine, and came home with bottles upon bottles. It was really lovely to spend so much time with Moonlight, with no distractions. We're going back to rent the same house at the end of June.

Last Friday, Moonlight and I went to the local master gardeners' plant sale, and I went totally overboard. And then Saturday morning I went to another plant sale and added to the overboardness. I'm so super excited to plant my garden this year, though. I can't wait to make frittatas and quiches with my hens' eggs and homegrown veggies!

Fly and I have been doing much better. Sometimes I just need to make peace with the fact that Fly has a certain personality, and I'm not going to be able to change him so that he behaves differently. I'm a much happier person when I accept reality and adjust my expectations accordingly. He and I had a wonderful date night on Sunday. He took me to my absolute favorite restaurant, and then home for sex and sweet cuddles. We've also been spending time puttering around the yard together. It always amazes me to realize how out of whack my world is when I'm not right with him.

Monday evening, Moonlight had a chiropractor appointment near my house, so I invited her over for a glass of wine afterwards. Fly ended up bringing us take-out falafel and gyros, and the three of us had dinner together. I can't express how much joy I find in the fact that the two of them get along so well. It's such a contrast to Notes, Fly's FWB, who adamantly does not want to meet me. It's my opinion that she prefers me to be out-of-sight, out-of-mind so that she can pretend to have Fly to herself. I'm so happy that my relationship with Moonlight is open and out and natural.

Punk has been doing a TON of traveling for work, only coming home for a day or two between trips. He just got back from a trip last night, and will be here for two weeks before his next job, so we're hoping to get together during that time. I appreciate how uncomplicated our friendship is, with so few expectations other than to enjoy each other when the opportunity arises.

Anyway, as usual, life is good.