Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDuMatin View Post
Since there are nearly 7,000,000,000 people on earth, and since I only get to meet a very small subset of them, I really hope that I'm not just matched to only one.

Unless you believe in the magical power of Fate, I suppose....
Can I believe in fate and multiple perfect matches?

Refuge in Audacity { home of the post-raph stunner }
Old 08-28-2012, 06:11 PM

Yes, you can believe in Fate and mulitiple partners. Greek myth if full stories involving muitiple partners and Fate, but that's usually Fate fucking things up with mulitple parnerships. The romanitic concept of fate and polyamoury is another topic one worthy of its own thread, and as soon as I finish working - which will be very late in the morning - I will start such a thread.

Incidently, I've really enjoyed the detailed discussion of your situation.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:10 PM

Thank you Drifter Normally when I find myself confused I think on things and have a tendency to dwell a bit... when that doesn't work I write... and when that doesn't write I often end up posting them on some forum somewhere hoping some random stranger can make sense of my confusion!

I appeared to have reached that same stumbling block again but posting it here and reading Kevins point that if poly/mono were viewed in terms of a sexuality then I would be somewhere in the middle made a lot of sense. From an outside view poly/mono seems like a very one way or the other kind of lifestyle but why shouldn't individuals be somewhere in the grey area?

Sometimes life can be fun when you can see things from both points of view.

I'm a firm believer that nobody is 100% straight or 100% gay. I think the labels we assign to sexuality make life a lot easier for us to process and understand each other but assigning us as individuals to those labels can often be a bit confusing. It's only when you look into such things and gain an understanding of terms like bicurious and hetroflexible that you begin to realise things are allowed to be grey. From my experience it's pretty unusual to find many hetrosexual men who are that open minded about the issue?

I guess that's very much where I was with the poly/mono debate.

Now I'm musing in my own head as to whether I could cope being truly polyamorous... I think I could cope with screwing some other girl with my partners permission, I wouldn't be able to focus or enjoy it without, I think I would struggle even more with allowing a partner I loved to be with other men