Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 11:36 PM

Thanks guys, all this feedback is really awesome!

UltraViolet (cool name Yeah, I like that structure: honesty without feeling controlled by one's partner is definitely where I want to go.
I will be glad to take you up on that offer, will probably send you a PM soon, thanks!

GalaGirl, any info is good, I am completely new to this, having only recently taken the steps to find out who I am (breaking up with my uncompromisingly mono ex whom I (still) really love was difficult ) and decided to embrace my polyamory and excited to finally be living my life and finding out who I am! I'm not too sure of specific questions I have (not really sure where to begin, though I have some interesting links to check out (thanks nycidie) and a lot of useful info (thanks everyone ).

I'm basically interested in how people run their own relationships, with particular emphasis on the "no veto" thing: the various ways in which people are accommodating and deal with any relational issues (practical, emotional, etc) without compromising on the things that are really important to me: my decision to love whom I love, to be myself and to look out for all partners pretty much "equally" (yeah I know everyone has different needs and relationships are different in terms of "seriousness" etc, I mean pretty equal relative to those needs.)

Originally I thought "non-hierarchical" was the only way to identify with the "no veto" thing but I am realising that a "hierarchical" relationship (in terms of who I happen to be closest to) relationship is possible, so long as I don't feel controlled in any of my relationships.

Currently I am dating one person only and I don't have any experience with multiple relationships.

So basically: any info on how your relationships work would be awesome
Old 08-20-2012, 03:26 AM

Maybe you want to check the Life Stories and Blogs section of this forum klick. Half of the people who responded here have written down their stories about their relationships there. Many of your questions will be answered by just reading about their life, I guess.

My Blog
Old 08-20-2012, 07:50 AM

Thanks, am checking it out now
Old 08-23-2012, 02:23 AM

Aha! Solo- poly! That is what I am!

Thank you everyone for the links and feedback, this has all been very useful to me! I no longer feel like a noob. I can't say just how relieved I am to finally have some clarity and to have found this clarity. I was really starting to feel lost!

Nycidie, I've been reading the posts on the threads you shared, particularly the solo-poly one. Now I know what term to use in my google searches and discussions etc, much clearer than "non-hierarchical." (As a student I like to have clearly defined terms ).

If anyone comes up with more info at any point I would love to hear it. Thanks a bunch, guys! =)