Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmCrime View Post
heh posts like this make me confused.. but i guess its just my take on poly.

Sure Im poly, but its probably years down the line before I even think I might love one of my flings.

I tell people Im poly... i dunno I guess people jump into love with poly, as fast as mono people do!?

Not me..

I guess Im mostly FWB type person, until something fruits from it. I dont believe in love at first sight, I dont believe in jumping into serious relationships.. at minimum.. MINIMUM a year of getting to know eachother, its -possible- it might be serious

and/.... always always always use protection!
And that's cool if you are honest with whoever you do hook up with from the start and use protection always. Thing with this guy I am talking about is, he lied and said he was only sleeping with me and the other girl. All three of us have been tested and as far as the girl and I know, it's just the two of us and him. Then I find out about his other conquests. That's where the deceit comes in and it ain't pretty...
Old 08-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Banned

Default he has no interest in polly

your the perfect girlfriend for a guy that loves having sex with other girls, he knows you will not complain because your polly, if he has to be reminded to ware a condom he is not going to ware one, he dosent ware one with you!
being polly with a known group of friends where you are all available only to each other is one thing, but having sex with anyone you find is willing is called being sexually single.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Banned

Default try this

If you and the other girl get along as friends and enjoy each other sexually then I think you should dump the male whore till you find one who wants to be with the two of you exclusivly
Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuninglingwist View Post
your the perfect girlfriend for a guy that loves having sex with other girls, he knows you will not complain because your polly, if he has to be reminded to ware a condom he is not going to ware one, he dosent ware one with you!
being polly with a known group of friends where you are all available only to each other is one thing, but having sex with anyone you find is willing is called being sexually single.
way to put things in perspective.

Actually just received a long text from him today indicating that he is massively pissed off at me for my "behavior" last Friday night (ie when i confronted him in front of his friend). he said that he saw a side of me he would not tolerate and therefore never forget and that it would be hard to even move forward as friends.

I couldn't believe what I was reading and it really made me think this guy does not think he's done anything wrong at all. He said that all he agreed to was this: He has sex with someone/anyone. He tells me and the other girl afterwards. That's it.

I don't remember making that agreement with him. Seems to me he just decided that on his own.

I'm very sad. Sad because I let this guy in my heart, not to mention in my vagina. I feel so hurt and actually disgusted with myself. Even really annoyed that he thinks to this day he's done nothing wrong and that I and the other girl are the psychotic ones. He's quick to use the word "psycho" too...

I know he isn't worth it, but I can't help but feel like crumpling down on the floor because I failed myself. I know not all poly people are this way, but it sure makes me think if this is good enough for me.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:37 AM

Ugh.

He does a bad and he doesn't want to own it. So he has to turn it around on you and rewrite the episode in his weird brain. So he can walk away feeling good about himself and his weirdo ways.

I am SO sorry.

*hug*

You got a raw deal -- and really the only thing you did was go bareback. You tried to do it ethically with limiting it to him and the first girl with testing and you wanted to be able to trust but... well. You held up your end. You did NOTHING wrong.

He did not hold up his end. Because he's not a Jedi player. Jerk. That is not your fault.

Sigh. But it hurt you, and now you have to revise you barrier sex policy.

Do your revisions.

Do your self care.

Lean on friends here in real life. I'm hoping your tests come back clean.

Then this idiot can be flushed from your life/brain space/time like the shit he has turned out to be. Grrrr. Gives honestly dating people of all stripes -- not just the poly ones -- a bad taste in their mouths to encounter idiots like him. Ugh.

*big hugs*

GG

Last edited by GalaGirl; 08-21-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornHeart View Post

I know he isn't worth it, but I can't help but feel like crumpling down on the floor because I failed myself. I know not all poly people are this way, but it sure makes me think if this is good enough for me.
This guy is NOT poly! He is a shitbag who is abusing language and people!

Do something nice for yourself. Get a new hair color, eat a quart of Ben & Jerry's, buy yourself a new pair of shoes, or three - whatever it takes to make yourself feel special and stop mourning for the loss of something that never was what it seemed to be.

Easier said than done, but not that hard to do in perspective.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Actually just received a long text from him today indicating that he is massively pissed off at me for my "behavior" last Friday night . . .
Can you block him? I would send a text to him that says, "Not interested in your rants. DO NOT contact me again."

Quote:
I'm very sad. Sad because I let this guy in my heart, not to mention in my vagina.
I doubt it was love. You were infatuated with the fantasy of his presentation. Don't get down on yourself for that. Forgive yourself and consider this a learning opportunity, and think about what it taught you. Let it help you formulate stronger boundaries for yourself, then move on.

Quote:
I feel so hurt and actually disgusted with myself. Even really annoyed that he thinks to this day he's done nothing wrong and that I and the other girl are the psychotic ones. He's quick to use the word "psycho" too...

Don't keep letting him win by getting to you. He isn't worth spending time thinking about him. Leave those thoughts alone. Do what you can to rise above self-pity and bitterness. When those thoughts come up, do not entertain them, and occupy yourself with other things. Pay him no credence. What's done is done. Lessons learned.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 08-21-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km34 View Post
Fair enough, but what about polyamorous as an orientation and not a relationship model? BEING poly and ACTING poly are two very different things IMO.
I identify as poly. I've been this way since I first began paying attention to the curves the girls sprouted in junior high. I always wondered why I couldn't be involved with this one AND that one AND the one over there.... There was nothing involved with that wondering and the urge to have multiple connections that involved hiding them from each other--the desire was always to have all of the relationships known and respected.

So, I have to say he's not poly. He may be horny and want to fuck around. That's a far cry from wanting to have serious, enduring relationships out in the open.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
I identify as poly. I've been this way since I first began paying attention to the curves the girls sprouted in junior high. I always wondered why I couldn't be involved with this one AND that one AND the one over there.... There was nothing involved with that wondering and the urge to have multiple connections that involved hiding them from each other--the desire was always to have all of the relationships known and respected.

So, I have to say he's not poly. He may be horny and want to fuck around. That's a far cry from wanting to have serious, enduring relationships out in the open.
You took that right out of my journal, didn't you?

Kyle: 27 year old male
Katie (rymmare): 25 year old female
Kids: girl: 5 years old, boy: 3 years old
Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I'm very sad. Sad because I let this guy in my heart, not to mention in my vagina.
If it's any consolation, I would suggest that you didn't fall in love with him, you fell in love with the person you thought he was. He turned out to be a long way from that, and you are dealing with that change in perception of him.

Don't beat yourself up that he did a great sell-job on you - the best thing to do is to look back, and see if, knowing what you know now, there was anything going on that you can now see should have been a red flag to you. The advantage of this is that you can learn from your experience and take steps (asking the right questions, observing actions, etc.) that can prevent someone from doing this to you again.

Poly is so much about being ethical. This guy was working with a set of ethics that were at best suspect.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb