Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphindream View Post
Thank you so much for sharing this for me. My guy is so wonderful about reassuring me that he loves me even more than the "others" but sometimes I still feel "less than". Guess it's a girl thing! I appreciate it so much. I find the difficulty for me is the lack of accessibility. I need him sometimes and get very frustrated when he is not available. I wish I knew how to cope with that. Still learning......
Honey, it's not just a girl thing, it's a HUMAN thing!

It is natural to feel those pangs when someone you love is with someone else, but you have to choose to respond to those feelings positively. And as the mono half of a couple, as someone who doesn't experience the "double love" phenomenon, it IS harder to deal with.

But it seems like you have a great attitude: just keep on it!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDangerously View Post
One of the hardest things to wrap your head around is the idea that it is OK to romantically love two people simultaneously, and I can see how a mono partner would have the greatest trouble with this.

It is. My relationship with my boyfriend started as FWB only and over maybe half a year, feelings crept in until a point, early last year, when we realized we were falling in love. It's been roughly 10-11 months since the L word was spoken and we admitted feeling to each other and to our mates.

Hubby and I were mono prior to this relationship. And although it's near going on a year, my husband still needs me to reassure him from time to time...though not as much as in the beginning. He gets insecure sometimes, wondering if I love him less, other times I might be insensitive and say or do something to hurt his feelings. Maybe make plans with my b/f and forget to check with hubby first, making him feel taken for granted. It's definitely a work in progress, but things are steadily improving...Guess we're lucky