Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 01:51 AM

Default Lost in Missouri (SoMo)

This might be less a cry for help, than I'd just like to clear my head, share. I don't really know. My Wife & I are new to polyamory, & I'm sure have a lot to learn still. We began this journey of ours with late night conversations in the what if realm of things. This led to realizations about ourselves. So on and so forth. This has led to months of coffee shop meet ups. Countless text messages. Emails, messager, and other assorted crap. I can't even get a hello, go to hell. I'm the type that can shrug off a lot of crap, but depression feels like it is wanting to set. Maybe frustration, I don't know which. It gets difficult to remain upbeat somedays. I don't know where I'm going with this, other than, this sucks somedays. Springfield may not be ideal to find a poly relationship, but it is home.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:58 AM

When our first poly friend moved on from us, it was hard to take. Didn't think we would ever find another one. Then we stopped looking for a little while, and what do you know...My wife found another friend. Though I don't think we are exactly where we want to be, in poly terms, I find that you might just find what you are looking for~When you aren't really looking Hang in there, and hope you find happiness
Old 08-10-2012, 02:29 PM

I'm stubborn enough to keep trying. I won't say that I'm always upbeat or possitive. Can only get bashed so many times befor it gets to me at times. Never thought I'd wish to be in California, were the people seem to be more accepting of others who think differnt. Oh well such is life. When it gives you lemons, make lemon aid.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Lol well the ladies have a easier time I think due to guys dont care if you are married as long as they are getting your attention. Women in my experience are reluctant to even consider a relationship with a married guy.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js85ms82 View Post
This might be less a cry for help, than I'd just like to clear my head, share. I don't really know. My Wife & I are new to polyamory, & I'm sure have a lot to learn still. We began this journey of ours with late night conversations in the what if realm of things. This led to realizations about ourselves. So on and so forth. This has led to months of coffee shop meet ups. Countless text messages. Emails, messager, and other assorted crap. I can't even get a hello, go to hell. I'm the type that can shrug off a lot of crap, but depression feels like it is wanting to set. Maybe frustration, I don't know which. It gets difficult to remain upbeat somedays. I don't know where I'm going with this, other than, this sucks somedays. Springfield may not be ideal to find a poly relationship, but it is home.
I know how you feel, my wife and i are new to polyamory as well, and keeping an upbeat or positive mind frame can be very difficult. Depression can be insidious sometimes and sneak in and grab hold. However, when one find themselves in the Swamp of Sadness, one can not allow the sadness of the swamp to get to them. It helps me to find acceptance with difficult situations and hard times to remember, when you find yourself in the rain, be in the rain.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:18 PM

No, we're not competeing with each other. It's more the mean hateful people that have been getting me down. My wife and I discuss all this, they get her down too. Rejection does suck, but hey it's their loss. Honesty can be an issuse for me. I tend to be to honest, concerning peoples feelings. I'm aware of this, so I keep my opinions close till asked for. Theats when I upset people all to often. Folks in general don't like the truth. That's one of he things that drew us to polyamory. Poly folks tend to be more honest, or at least seem that way from the few we have managed to talk to. So it is the mean hateful bigots that do the most hurt to us. Hell last night I got condemed by a transgender women. Said we're unclean and going to hell. Didn't see that one coming. I suppose it serves me right, since I used to whole heartedly be one of the closed minded, racist, hating, bigots. If that is the case, karma is a bitch.