Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 07:11 AM

*hug*

I am sorry it scares you.

I am sorry you have been hurt that long, seemingly by not just this guy if it started in childhood.

But take a deep breath.

I affirm to you that YOU are a valuable human being, with worth and dignity. Even if you happen to be treated poorly right now.

You have spoken it out loud here and to yourself -- that you are in a toxic, controlling, hurting relationship. That all by itself is VERY brave, even if it comes at a whisper.

If you are not safe where you are, call local help lines. Even 911 will be able to refer you.

If you are safe enough for now, breathe, breathe, read and plan. One step at a time. Learn, and be careful, but not SO careful you stay there stuck. Keeping moving forward to your better brighter future even speaking your truth in whispers, even one baby step at a time.

I have faith in you that you can get yourself to where you need to be. Keep moving it forward. Don't lose hope. You are not alone.

*BIG hugs*
GG

Last edited by GalaGirl; 08-10-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:15 AM

I really thank you for trying to help me. Sometimes it seems that it's the complete strangers that help the most. I am safe for now but I will start a plan to get out.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:18 AM

It a rough spot to be in, but there are many planning resources.

http://www.domesticviolence.org/pers...d-safety-plan/

is just one. Google "abuse safe plan" and you ought to hit a lot more. You can also call family services for your area or shelters.

Don't worry -- pros exist to help people out of these binds. I shan't out them, but I've had women friends in these very shoes. They went to shelters and there received counseling, aid getting back on their feet, help with jobs, clothes, food, children's needs, etc.

Just this week one of them celebrated her first year anniversary FREE.

So keep hope alive, and move it forward in the baby steps you need to travel at to stay safe and get to your brighter future. Know at least THIS internet stranger is pulling for you and believes you have worth, dignity and value as a human being. I cannot say that to you enough.

You have worth, dignity and value as a human being.

Hang in there!

hug,
GG

Last edited by GalaGirl; 08-10-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:22 AM

I don't know anybody around here or even where to go. He has recently moved us up to his home town which is 300 or so miles from my home town. It happens a lot in the state that I live in. Louisiana ranks number one in the nation for women being abused and/or killed by their significant other. It seems I have become a statistic
Old 08-10-2012, 12:48 PM

It ain't over 'til it's over. Do you know how to clear your browser's history, perchance? So you can search for resources safely?

Refuge in Audacity { home of the post-raph stunner }
Old 08-10-2012, 01:33 PM

She has a point. Whatever browser you use, use the "Help" function to find how that particular one clears browser history.

http://www.womenshelters.org/sta/louisiana

http://www.dss.state.la.us/index.cfm...=home&pid1=119

http://www.usattorneylegalservices.c...Louisiana.html

That's just some. Hang in there. Make your plan as calm as possible.

In a crisis moment? Know this... even if not the most graceful exit?

You can always call 911 and check yourself into hospital with kid. For a mental/emotional health screen after an abusive encounter. I know that adds to bills, but better alive with bills than dead, and in a hospital you would be guarded and it would be on the record. From there, they can help you shuttle to a women's shelter or a family shelter. They've seen it ALL, hon.

Hold your head high. You have worth, dignity and value.

hugs
GG
Old 08-10-2012, 07:03 PM

Well one thing I don't have to worry about is him checking the computer. He has no idea how to use the internet, browsing history, cookies, or any of that other stuff. That is something that I am thankful for, that he isn't computer literate.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwflk818 View Post
Well one thing I don't have to worry about is him checking the computer. He has no idea how to use the internet, browsing history, cookies, or any of that other stuff. That is something that I am thankful for, that he isn't computer literate.
But his friends probably are. Learn how to be safe and protect yourself and your child.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:45 PM

Or he lies to lull you into a false sense of security. Believe NOTHING.

Stay safe and takes steps anyway.

GG
Old 08-10-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
Or he lies to lull you into a false sense of security. Believe NOTHING.

Stay safe and takes steps anyway.

GG
Yeah, I find it hard to believe that anyone under the age of 60 doesn't know how to use the internet or a computer, especially if they have been employed at all in the last 10 years.