Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 02:15 AM

Default the Poly Mono life =)

Hi Everyone =)

It has been great to find places like this I pop into here and there and find that my life and views can be accepted =)
I have been in a relationship with two monogamous men for about two and a half years. It's been a wild ride, and sometimes I need some support! =) I feel so lucky and appreciate the life I have most of the time, then other's kind of frustrated and want us all to really be together.
My life... married with a child and dog.. and also carrying on a long distance relationship with another man, that doesn't consider me his girlfriend and is extremely conflicted about this situation. Although he hasn't seen anyone else since we've been together, and I know he loves me and would have married me if you know, the slate had been "clean" or something, lol.
I find myself frustrated because I want a real relationship, and not have to constantly dig into these giant walls of worry, about what other people think, about being a third wheel, about sharing, about sex... about being in a relationship with two really mono guys that have a really hard time talking! =) both just as in love w/ me the aquarius, dreamy, impulsive yet loyal and freethinking woman I am =)
I would like to know what it feels like to be this, "new" person coming into an already established relationship, and things I can do to support and help this. The two men are friends, and continued to be even after all of this happened, but while i have had a bazzillion conversations w/ both separate, all of us together just hasn't happened, since.. I'm scared what they will say, and my man down south lives about 300 miles away... I hate to float in this gray space the rest of my life, or believe this will work out, when maybe.. it won't? can love really conquer all!?? =)
Old 04-19-2010, 02:34 AM

Default Welcome

I'm adding a link that may give some insight to the questions your long distance partner may be considering. Perhaps if you can answer some of the questions it contains than you will be able to offer re-assurance to him.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...hlight=married

I hope it helps a little

Peace and Love
Mono

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 AM

Thanks that link was super to read! These are the kinds of honest answers I've been needing to hear, and ponder.