Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Default Old Relationship Energy -- Share your yays?

We hear a lot about NRE awwwww..... Be nice to hear some ORE awwww too!

So can I just get some Old Relationship Energy yays? I'm liking mine so much right now that I want to be nosy and hear it as other people experience it.

In your ORE, what gives you the yippyskippy? And how do you say it/show it?

I'll be back to answer my own question later.

GalaGirl

Last edited by GalaGirl; 07-06-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:19 PM

Are you talking about sharing poly successes? We have a "sticky" thread for that, which you can add to here:
Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-06-2012, 07:22 PM

Oh, yay -- hadn't gotten that far in reading stickies. Thanks!

But not exactly. I meant just the ORE part.

I know I'm experiencing huge volumes of ORE vibe toward DH, and I'm trying to articulate that to him. Let him know how much I love him and appreciate him. I've already SAID it in words many times. SHOWN it in many ways. Some corny, some sexy, some conventional, some bizarre.

Recently and in the past -- hugs, kisses, letters, gifts, flowers, etc.

Was curious to read how other express it to their loved ones and steal some ideas perhaps for a new way to show it/say it.

After 20 ish years, it isn't that the love isn't there. It is SO THERE. But to create delightful surprise when my idea bucket is low is kinda hard.

GG

Last edited by GalaGirl; 07-07-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:13 AM

M and I have been married for 9 yrs now and together for a little over 12. Our energy toether is amazing. She does the most amazing things for me. I like ti tell everyone that she is the organizer of my chaos.

I am a deep and heavily committed fly fisherman. I am also a rather unorganized person but love to have everything in its place and a place for everything. She will out of nowhere go through and make sure all of my tying stuff is all where it belongs, and that I can find it. She will also do the same with all of my fishing bags. It may be something she does so she doesn't have to try and help me find something later on, or maybe (and what I tell myself) its because she loves me and knows without her in my life I would be a wreck.

Steve
Old 07-07-2012, 01:41 AM

Runic Wolf and I have been together for 14 years and will be celebrating our 12 year wedding anniversary this fall. I love our late night conversations. It's my favorite part of the day, being all silly and goofy in love.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:00 AM

That's awesome about organizing the fishing gear. DH is not into anything I can organize right now -- he's on video games and that's pretty much organized already. You reminded me of a time when I went and rearranged furniture in the house so all this music stuff was in one room like a mini studio though. I forgot about that one! He called to tell me he was coming him and I told him to stay away and not come back until I said to (because it was taking me longer than I thought!) He was amused.

Pillow talk time is fun -- recently we played it out like "truth or dare" and got to ask probing questions and dance like chickens. But I like that a lot too -- close heart-to-heart talks.

He likes quality time the best in terms of love languages and I've arranged for a kid-free weekend later this month. We've got some activities planned but I kind of wanted to have something small as an extra surprise. I'm just not sure WHAT.

I know just making the kid free weekend happen is a huge gesture of appreciation. I also know I don't NEED to do anything else.

But I'll all giddy like a kid. Hee hee. And I WANT to. So... yah. Stumper to think of something!

GalaGirl
Old 07-07-2012, 03:25 AM

Default Kid free time

We're looking forward to next week when our son will be at camp. He's almost 11 and I can watch his TV in his bedroom from my side of the bed because of the way our rooms are situated. It's going to be a real treat to be able to sleep naked for a whole week, especially in this heat.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:27 AM

When I have time free from business obligations, our children, and my brother and sisters I like to just do silly stuff we used to do in high school. We used to go out to some random lake or whatever and just sit under the stars, stare into the sky and dream of the future. I also like to take her out for coffe, or breakfast then sit and look across the table at on another like a couple of giddy kids on a first date.

Fortunately the three of us love to fish and we go out together and have a day of fishing and just enjoying what the world has to offer.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:18 PM

Hey, just thought I'd throw this in. Instead of "Old Relationship Energy," one of our members here, Magdlyn, likes to call it "Established Relationship Intimacy" - ERI. I do admit, I think it hits the mark much better. And sounds nicer.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-07-2012, 07:27 PM

Ha -- I like that. "Established Relationship Intimacy" sounds appealing.

Aw... and I'm enjoying the peeks into other people's ERI times.

There's a thought. Revisiting old stomping grounds from our college days. Hrm.

GG

Tags
nre, ore