Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 09:20 PM

Default Kitchener/Waterloo area anyone?

Hi all, my wife and I have been talking over being poly for a long time, and we feel it's time to investigate further than reading endless books, websites and watching documentaries.

We are wondering if there are any poly meet-ups, or poly people in our area who would not mind getting together for a drink or meal so we could find out more about the lifestyle before we take the plunge.

We are honestly not sure what kind or poly arrangement we would be looking for if we do move further. We just find the entire thing fascinating and want to talk with someone first hand who is already involved in the polylife.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:39 AM

You might note what state you're in? I have no clue about your area....

Redpepper has a link in her signature to a calendar called PolyEvents AllOver, and that's how I found my local meetup. Some locals have facebook groups, but they're often secret. Yahoo might have a local group to you. And meetup.com is also a good place to look for poly events/group near you. My local has a meetup.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 06-08-2012, 12:17 PM

Hi there - there is a Yahoo group for your area - it's at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kwpolyfolk/ - I have no idea how active they are, though.

(Kitchener/Waterloo is in Ontario, just west of Toronto.. and that's "Oh Canada" )

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb
Old 07-04-2012, 05:34 AM

How old are you? (We are in our twenties)

What kind of poly- relationship are you looking for? (We are looking for a committed, long-term relationship)

Message privately if you prefer.