Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 07:19 PM

Default Need Advice Newbie to Possible Triad Relationship

My husband and I have been married for 29 years, together for 31 and have a very strong relationship. We entered into the swinging lifestyle about 3 1/2 years ago and had some good times but found that we enjoyed threesomes much more because it allowed us to have more interaction with each other. We have recently been considering an exclusive relationship with a single female. This relationship would be "mostly" sexual but we would also basically be "dating" her, taking her out to dinner, to the movies, hanging out etc. and hopefully on maybe small weekend trips with us. We met her on a swinger site and she has dated a couple before. Because we have never actually had this type of relationship before I am seeking advice on this. It wouldn't/couldn't end up in her moving in with us because she has a 12 yr old daughter and we also have a grown child and grandchild living with us but we would probably spend a fair amount of time together when our schedules will allow. Any suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:23 AM

Total honesty and constant communication.

Also realize that you will now be dealing with 4 relationships: the one between you and your husband, the one between you and your gf, the one between your husband and gf, and the one between the three of you. So things suddenly got a lot more complicated.

It is also often the norm in new poly relationships for the couple to view themselves as a unit. You may want to research "couple privilege."